Do you like to get things done? Do you enjoy coding and developing software? As part of software engineering and technology team, you'll design, test and develop software applications that'll help push forward the retail industry.
The Agile Project manager is responsible for gracefully "air-traffic controlling" Bloomingdales.com production delivery teams, ensuring accurate and efficient delivery of site fixes and updates. S/he will be at the center of a fast-paced and flexible delivery environment and be relied on to make quick, accurate decisions, while maintaining process, best practices and adhering to Agile principles. Perform other duties as assigned.
* Be an advocate for Agile methods and best-practices, evangelize and serve as a subject matter expert in the organization.
* Lead daily stand-ups, iteration planning sessions, and iteration retrospectives for 3-5 Agile delivery teams.
* Track project health, anticipate and intercept cross-functional blockers.
* Lead the analysis of project blockers to determine root cause and ensure responsible parties are informed and act swiftly to resolve.
* Analyze near-and-medium-term velocity trends to unveil issues and opportunities in iteration planning, requirements, resourcing and delivery.
* Present velocity trends and propose solutions to challenges to senior leadership in production, quality engineering and development.
* Gate-keep incoming production issues, assign to appropriate teams to validate, and assign to delivery teams.
* Manage release preparations and release activities in conjunction with delivery management, quality engineering and release engineering teams.
* Administrate access, features and maintenance of Agile tools (i.e. admin access and new features in Version One, JIRA).
* Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality.
* Bachelor's degree in business, technology or systems management discipline.
* 3-5 years of demonstrable project management experience in Agile, Lean or Scrum environment.
* Expert-level understanding of web technologies and tools.
* Expert-level experience with an enterprise PMiS required (JIRA, Version One, Basecamp etc.).
* Outstanding written, oral, and presentation communications skills
* Ability to effectively communicate complex technical concepts to non-technical partners
* Accountable, responsible but panic-free approach when faced with critical and time-sensitive issues.
* An ambitious, no-excuse making approach to delivering work.
* Proven ability to persuade, influence and lead others, while establishing credibility and trust.
* High-level fluency in MS Office suite.
* Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and store/company needs.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy's Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.