Search for more jobs
Agile Project Manager
* Job: 21183-ACOO
* Location: US-MA-Natick
* Department: Business Applications and Tools
MathWorks is seeking an Agile Project Manager and scrum master in our Natick, MA office. As a scrum master you will teach, implement, and support Agile principles and best practices while eliminating impediments affecting flow. The ideal candidate is an effective change agent, naturally influential and makes things happen. You will join a growing team that nurtures individual growth, appreciates diversity, encourages initiative, values teamwork, shares success, and rewards excellence.
This role supports the planning and execution of multiple projects and scrum teams, requires a big picture mindset, the ability to get into the details, and is accountable for achieving all related business goals.
* Coordinates and encourages participation from all team members in scrum ceremonies (daily scrum, sprint planning, sprint review, and retrospective) and longer-term planning exercises (road mapping, release planning)
* Assesses the Scrum maturity of your teams and the organization, and coaches them to higher levels of maturity at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable to the team and organization.
* Ensures high throughput of development teams by identifying potential issues, removing impediments or guiding team to remove impediments by collaborating with the right people.
* Tracks and leverages key metrics to champion team health, product delivery, and continuous improvement.
* Assists with internal and external communications to improve transparency and radiate information ensuring team's progress and successes are highly visible to all stakeholders including the team itself.
* Supports and partners with the Product Owner to groom and maintain the product backlog.
* Partners with product owners, program sponsors, business stakeholders, and development teams to plan, track and execute complex, cross-functional projects while maintaining focus on building the right things, at the right time, and with the highest levels of quality.
* Assesses project performance, manages risks and issues, identifies and influences necessary course corrections, and creatively solve problems.
* Defines project scope, goals, deliverables, and required resources, in collaboration with managers, technical leaders, and stakeholders.
* Develops project plans and associated communications documents that are appropriate to the size and complexity of the project.
* Builds, develops, and grows any business relationships vital to the success of projects.
* A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience) is required.
* Experience with SCRUM
* 3+ years of scrum master experience
* Experience in managing the implementation of business applications using Agile practices
* A thorough understanding and appreciation for the Agile values and principles
* Proven ability to drive consensus keeping business goals at the center of negotiations
* Strong time management skills and resourcefulness to manage multiple scrum teams with tight deadlines and dependencies
* Advanced organizational, interpersonal and conflict resolution which can be comfortably applied across management levels.
* Experience owning and managing customer expectations, project schedules, status, reporting and change management
* Self-starter, inquisitive and able to quickly understand new processes, methodologies and systems.
* Ability to influence others in order to get things done, even when you have no direct line of authority over them
* Preferred: Scrum master (CSM, PSM) or PMI-ACP certification
* Preferred: Experience with Jira
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it's being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing - for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 4000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
MathWorks is a developer of mathematical computing software for engineers and scientists.