What you'll be doing...
Reporting to the Sr Manager, the manager role requires an individual with the ability to manage constant change through innovation and process streamlining. He/She is expected to set internal processes and procedures to unify Verizon's on boarding approach for all products entering the Technology and Product Development organization. The candidate will develop processes to efficiently drive the delivery of strategic initiatives across multiple business units (ie. VBG,VCG, Corporate Strategy).
* Identify and validate key business requirements to support Front door to be able to process and accept Network requests.
* Identify and implement Portfolio processes and functions to support the Network for execution.
* Support cross-functional business process re-engineering teams and continuous improvement efforts.
* Define, launch and sustain an integrated tools suite for Network delivery systems (Clarity, JIRA, Confluence, DOMO etc)
* Create and maintain accurate score cards metrics, Dashboards and reports to ensure ongoing visibility to stakeholders and management.
* Manage/maintain existing process and steady state activities.
* Contribute on special projects and other initiatives.
* Champion adoption of the processes and systems through active stakeholder engagement at both the leadership and practitioner level.
* Develop and deliver regular and ad-hoc system training.
* Collaborate within and outside the team to ensure alignment of systems and integration of data exchanges between them.
* Drive requirements though affiliated IT support and development teams to ensure full system functionality
* Be a strategist who can drive and implement processes and changes.
* Be a coach and facilitator, ensuring practitioners know how to use system to their fullest.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Six or more years of relevant work experience.
* Process Management experience in waterfall and Agile execution.
* Portfolio management experience in both Waterfall and Agile environments.
* Six or more years of experience in process creation, streamlining and gap analysis.
* Three or more years of defining business needs, use cases and solution definition.
Even better if you have:
* A degree
* Strong presentation, communication, and interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate knowledge and experience to provide insight and direction to the business.
* Strong critical thinking, problem solving abilities, and decision-making skills
* Effective communications skills (both written and verbal)
* Ability to listen, understand, and anticipate the customers' needs as a critical component of the Agile methodology
* Transformation mindset with the ability to manage challenging situations and recommend effective solutions to drive adoption of new programs and processes.
* Knowledge of corporate business strategy, wireline/wireless technology, market and industry trends.
* Ability to interact and develop valued relationships with the most senior levels internal to Verizon.
* Knowledge of CA PPM Clarity, JIRA and Confluence.
* Experience in computer skills including mastery of Microsoft PowerPoint.
* Experience in driving change and leading system improvement efforts.
* Strong Program Management skills, excellent organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple work assignments simultaneously
* Experience with MS Office including: Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Visio and Project.
* Product Development and Product Management experience.
* Certified Project Manager and/or Agile Practitioner.
* Willingness to travel.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.