The Project Manager will work closely with the Engagement Director/Program Manager, to manage scope, cost and schedule. The role will require the associate to work with technology project teams to ensure project governance and methodology is implemented and followed, including planning, change control and risk management. The associate will manage and provide guidance to project resources on a daily basis, and will work with the client to provide a view of not only current status, but also longer-term objectives.
The PM will work with diverse project teams of up to 20 technology delivery consultants/developers, on implementations lasting anywhere from three months to two years. The technology platforms can vary from Oracle, Salesforce, Workday, BI tools and ERP systems.
* Ability to effectively manage a project throughout its lifecycle, from initiation to deploy
* Creation and management of project schedules, including MS Project Plans
* Creation of status reports for Steering Committee meetings to facilitate decision making
* Daily management of project resources, which may include client resources
* Daily management and escalation of project control processes, including task management, RAID, scope/change control and quality control
* Project budgeting and liaison with Engagement Manager and Accounting to provide analysis, raise risks and to complete timely invoicing
* Assist with functional on-boarding new project staff, providing instruction on project processes & tools
* Assist with internal initiatives, including improving current project methodology and templates
* Lead conversations with senior leadership to move from Waterfall to Agile methodology
Key Personal skills:
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Support teamwork and collaboration
* Ability to work under pressure and to tight timelines
* Ability to coordinate activities across multiple work streams
* Work with minimal supervision
* Logical thinker and problem solver
* Ability to coach and mentor others
* Ability to take initiative and be an effective decision-maker
* Huron requires a Bachelor's Degree in a field related to this position or equivalent work experience
* Skilled in the use of MS Office suite and experience of other tools (e.g. SharePoint, LiveMeeting). Proficient user of Microsoft Project
* Experience managing teams in a fast paced environment
* Experience managing and building relationships with key stakeholders
* An interest and familiarity with the Oracle, Salesforce, Workday, BI and ERP technologies
* SAFe , scaled agile experience
* Waterfall to Agile conversion experience
* PMP, PRINCE2 or similar professional qualification
* Certified Scrum Master preferred
Travel: Candidates must be willing to travel up to 80% of the time
At Huron, we're redefining what a consulting organization can be. We go beyond advice to deliver results that last. We inherit our client's challenges as if they were our own. We help them transform for the future. We advocate. We make a difference. And we intelligently, passionately, relentlessly do great work…together.
Are you the kind of person who stands ready to jump in, roll up your sleeves and transform ideas into action? Then come discover Huron.
Whether you have years of experience or come right out of college, we invite you to explore our many opportunities. Find out how you can use your talents and develop your skills to make an impact immediately. Learn about how our culture and values provide you with the kind of environment that invites new ideas and innovation. Come see how we collaborate with each other in a culture of learning, coaching, diversity and inclusion. And hear about our unwavering commitment to make a difference in partnership with our clients, shareholders, communities and colleagues.
Huron Consulting Group offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, and vision coverage to employees and dependents; a 401(k) plan with a generous employer match; an employee stock purchase plan; a generous Paid Time Off policy; and paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Our Wellness Program supports employee total well-being by providing free annual health screenings and coaching, bank at work, and on-site workshops, as well as ongoing programs recognizing major events in the lives of our employees throughout the year. All benefits and programs are subject to applicable eligibility requirements.
Huron is fully committed to providing equal employment opportunity to job applicants and employees in recruitment, hiring, employment, compensation, benefits, promotions, transfers, training, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Huron will not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, religion, veteran status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, creed, citizenship or any other status protected by laws or regulations in the locations where we do business. We endeavor to maintain a drug-free workplace. Huron will consider qualified applications with criminal history in accordance with applicable laws.
Huron Consulting Group is a global professional services firm.