Every day, the people of TSYS® and Netspend® improve lives and businesses around the globe through payments. We make it possible for millions of people to move money between buyers and sellers using our payments solutions including credit, debit, prepaid and merchant services. We are "People-Centered Payments", and our team has the unique opportunity to help create a world in which payments make people's lives easier and better. This is both a tremendous honor and an important responsibility for those who accept the challenge. If you are looking to make a valuable difference for people everywhere - and for yourself - we may have the right place for you.
Netspend is seeking an experienced, resourceful agile product owner to join our growing team. In this position, you will be responsible for driving and defining the launch of new products and services within our company. You should have a solid grasp on Agile methodologies, business analysis, and user experience improvements in order to deliver a high-quality product.
* Refines backlog based on product changes, dev progress and stakeholder feedback
* Clearly expresses product backlog items
* Orders the items in the Product Backlog to best achieve goals and missions
* Ensures that the Product Backlog is visible, transparent, and clear to all, and shows what the delivery team will work on next
* Ensures the development team understands items in the Product Backlog to the level needed for implementation
* Is the sole person responsible and accountable for managing the Product backlog
* Collaborates in development of the Sprint/Iteration Backlog, and setting of the Sprint Goals
* Decides whether to release an increment of functionality
* Ensures that backlog is easily visible and understood for use by the team
* Experience within an IT software development organization with process design development exposure
* Maturity and experience to be a direct report to VP of Development
* Current and relevant people management experience that should include team member skills development and the ability to provide coaching/mentoring to Development team members
* in business analysis, requirements gathering and refinement in an agile software development organization
* Leading and coaching teams through an agile transformation is highly desirable
* An ability to thrive in an uncertain environment and to adapt change. This is a role that you will help define and grow over time
* Solid experience with JIRA and other Atlassian tools a plus
* Proven experience defining and creating processes that streamline the people-centered value chain in software development
* Strong agile methodology knowledge with hands-on experience in a key role such as Scrum Master or a Product Owner highly desirable
* Financial domain expertise a big plus
Not Ready to Apply? Join Our Talent Community!!
TSYS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) committed to employing a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. For more information about your rights, click here.
Qualified individuals with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodations to assist in their pursuit of employment with TSYS. This includes assistance in completing the job application (online or otherwise) and reasonable accommodations during the hiring process. For assistance with reasonable accommodations needed to apply for a job, please contact the TSYS Pay and Benefits Center between 8 a.m. and 7 p.m. Eastern Monday-Friday at +1.706.644.8747 or +1.877.644.8747 or email at PayandBenefits@tsys.com.
Outside of US Applicants:
TSYS is committed to diversity and equal opportunities for everyone. We are committed to ensuring that all job applicants and team members are treated equally, without discrimination because of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability, age or any other characteristic prohibited by law. For more information, please refer to our Code of Business Conduct and Ethics, found here.