Towers Crescent (12066), United States of America, Vienna, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Agile Delivery Lead
Like living life in the fast lane? Come be agile with us. Capital One - a Fortune 100 company is using technology to bring ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We are a high-tech company, a scientific laboratory, and a nationally recognized brand all in one. We are a passionate and entrepreneurial team that embraces bold ideas, fosters collaboration, and delivers world-class products and services that touch tens of millions of customers. And we are looking for great technologists to join our team!
In this role, you'll serve as a leader for your team(s) by ensuring clear communication and organization of all team objectives. You will drive the scrum process focused on delivery and driving continuous improvement of the team, along with maintaining product backlog and release plan. You will anticipate technical and scheduling bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make trade-offs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints. You will work side-by-side with product owners and other Agile team members to build Customer and Product centric APIs as well as leading edge DevOps tooling. Maturity, high judgment, negotiation skills, ability to influence, analytical talent, and leadership are essential to succeed in this role. You should have working knowledge in the current AWS technologies.
* Leverage Scrum/Kanban methodology to lead delivery for up to two Agile teams, focusing on DevOps culture
* Integrate Agile & Lean principles into team practices and work products
* Proactively identify impediments and appropriately resolve using network of peers and formal channels (including escalation if required)
* Coordinate and guide the Sprint Teams through sprint planning meetings. Identify user stories in the product backlog to be included in the sprint; suggest refinements to user stories and assist the team in dividing user stories into more implementable sections
* Provide guidance on the composition of effective user stories and business acceptance criteria
* Organize and facilitate sprint review (demo) meetings to allow stakeholders to provide feedback on the product
* Incident management - conduct daily bug triage, and ensure timely resolution and closure of logged defects
* Utilizes team feedback and provide metrics (velocity trends, commitment reliability, backlog health, quality, delivery rate, etc) to identify areas of opportunity and works with team to continuously improve
* Actively seek and participate in a variety of learning opportunities such as Communities of Practice, conferences, classroom training and independent study to further develop self and community
* Ensure all products are well-managed in compliance with all company and government regulations
* Develop internal tech product strategy and be an evangelist to drive adoption across the Enterprise
* Inspire, lead and collaborate with a team of engineers and designers to produce and manage innovative products that delight Capital One customers
* Benchmark products against Capital One competitors and industry leaders Identify and win support for new product opportunities that drive key performance indicators
* Market new product feature releases
* Bachelor's Degree or military experience
* At least 3 years of experience working in Agile teams
* At least 3 years in technology delivery
* Scrum Alliance Certified Scrum Master (CSM) or Certified Scrum Professional (CSP) certification or Project Management Institute's (PMI) Agile Certified Professional
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science
* At least 5 years of experience managing projects
* At least 1 year of experience with teams developing AI technologies
* PMP, Lean, Agile Coaching or Six Sigma certification
* SAFe certified or experience (or other scaled agile frameworks)
* Experience with Kanban, Lean Adaptive Systems, Dev Ops Culture, Extreme Programming practices (ATDD, Swarming, Design-Driven Development, pair programming etc.)
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.