AEM Cloud SRE - Job Description
For our innovative Adobe Experience Manager enterprise solution driving a billion-dollar
revenue, Adobe is looking for a Sites/Signage Reliability Engineer to join the AEM Cloud.
We're seeking candidates to help us design, build and run high traffic, mission-critical
services that drive business for the world's top brands. We are looking for people who are
self-starters and who can drive results and outcomes.
What you will do
* Be part of building the transformation of AEM's current automation, into a scalable
* Platform as a Service.
* Work with engineering teams to design, build, and maintain systems by solving operational problems as software.
* Design and build monitoring and alerting for AEM, to support SLAs and SLOs.
* Design with resilience and self-healing in mind.
* Advance our operational and deployment aspects to increase market adoption through resilience and scalability in the Digital Signage Industry, AEM Screens.
* Advance AEM Screens player resilience & scalability based on web technologies to support Digital Signage supported platforms & provide end to end solution for
* Signage production use cases.
* Collaborate with engineering on features, technology, architecture, design, time & budget estimates, test & deployment strategies.
* Inspire and encourage solution teams to build reliable and highly scalable services for enterprise businesses.
* Provide thought leadership based on industry norms & best practices.
* Question the status quo in pursuit of technological & process innovation to deliver exceptional customer experiences.
* Troubleshoot issues across the entire stack - hardware, software, application and network.
* Work closely with Adobe operations teams to help develop and optimize solutions.
* Help manage CSO & participate in an on-call schedule.
* Problem Management - Participate in RCAs and remediation of incidents.
* As a domain expert, be responsible for cross functional working group initiatives.
* Deep understanding of both software engineering and technical operations.
* Familiar with a variety of the cloud and automation concepts, practices and
* Recent large-scale experience with configuration management tools such as Puppet,
* Ansible, Salt, Chef, or equivalent
* Practical experience with Azure or AWS cloud platforms and their concepts
* Practical experience in container technologies like Mesos, DC/OS, Kubernetes, and
* Practical experience with Linux administration, eg. swapping, secret mgmt, cgroups,…
* Practical experience in automation and observation technologies like NewRelic,
* Grafana, Helm, Jenkins, Nagios, Prometheus or similar
* Practical experience with cloud native services in the following areas
* Caching: Redis/Memcache or equivalent
* Persistence: file system configuration and volume mgmt
* Web delivery/proxy: CDN, nginx, haproxy
* Practical experience with common cloud protocols (eg. TLS, STARTTLS, SSL, HTTPS, SCP, SSH, SFTP, FTPS)
* Practical experience with cloud security concepts (eg. IAM)
* Experience with programming in Python, Java, Ruby, Scala, Go, or similar
* programming language
* Knowledge of Java and familiar with Java development concepts and practices
* Platform as a Service development experience desired
* Experience with open source software desired (eg. Apache Software Foundation)
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related area and 5-8 years' experiences
* Team player who thrives under pressure
* Interest in working with leading-edge technology and demanding customers
* Obsessed in maximizing customer value high quality and reliable services
* Demonstrated acumen in building and running world class services
* A sense of urgency and impatience infused with infectious enthusiasm to drive our vision
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
* Fluent in English
At Adobe, you will be immersed in an exceptional work environment that is recognized throughout the world on Best Companies lists. You will also be surrounded by colleagues who are committed to helping each other grow through our unique Check-In approach where ongoing feedback flows freely.
If you're looking to make an impact, Adobe's the place for you. Discover what our employees are saying about their career experiences on the Adobe Life blog and explore the meaningful benefits we offer.
Adobe is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
Adobe is a software company developing digital marketing and media solutions.