Partners Data Systems
Job ID R64116 Date posted Aug. 24, 2018
Accelerate your career as you help reinvent the value and impact of information for business everywhere. At DELL EMC, we are leading customers on their journey to cloud computing by enabling them to store, manage, protect and analyze their information assets in a more agile, trusted and cost effective way. If you are passionate about technology and want to be part of the information management revolution, join more than 70,000+ DELL EMCers around the world who are leading the journey to the cloud.
* This position defines the overall Dell Technologies solutions for our customer and makes presentations on all aspects of Dell Technologies portfolio, solutions, products and services.
* The Advisory Systems Engineer (SE) assists the sales team in assessing potential application of specific Dell Technologies solutions/products and services to meet our customer needs.
* Prepares detailed solution specifications for the purpose of selling high business value solutions to our customers.
* Conducts customer needs analysis. Provides project scoping. Coordinates internal specialists and inter-department activities. Assists sellers in creating demand for solutions that includes Dell Technologies services and product.
* Requires a high degree of technical competency to respond to customer needs and to discuss solution/product capabilities and applications with technical users/buyers.
* Customarily and regularly engaged at client facilities and delivers high impact presentations leveraging strong technical skills.
* At this level, supports highly complex and high value accounts exercising wide latitude to determine objectives and approaches.
* Gains access and manages relationships with senior level executives and IT decision makers
* Devises new approaches/methods to selling enterprise/client solutions/products and services.
* Verifies operability of highly complex product and service configuration within the customer's environment that addresses critical issues.
* Identifies and allocates roles and responsibilities required to support account team.
* Synthesizes market, industry and competitor data to anticipate how external factors will influence the position of the solution and makes decisions that impact the long term success of the business.
* Creates formal networks internally and externally with industry experts and key decision makers.
* Leverages third-party and/or the Channel to create and position the solution.
* Assumes leadership role in analyzing requirements and performing advanced systems integration and providing technical expertise to design and implement solution across breadth of Dell Technologies and third-party products and services.
* Senior level sales engineer with expert understanding of complex products and services portfolio.
* Leveraged as coach/mentor to others.
* Provides customer/industry/market insight to internal leaders and cross-functional groups
* Qualifies the most complex sales opportunities in the terms of customer technical requirements, competition, decision making process and funding
* Presents the design and value of proposed solution and business case to customers, prospects and management at the executive level
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
* With 10+ yrs of enterprise sales engineering management experience, the Advisory Systems Engineer possesses both an understanding of Enterprise Architecture and IT Architecture.
* The candidate will have a solid understanding of today's software development methodologies and tools as well as related hybrid cloud-enabling technologies.
* Certifications in Enterprise Architecture and related fields are a plus.
* Expertise in multiple areas as it relates to cloud architecture including virtualization and/or SAN, NAS, iSCSI, Flash, convergence/hyper-convergence, HPC, advanced server technology, devops, big data, etc.
* Knowledge of distributed computing, virtual memory subsystem and scale-out storage architecture is a plus.
* Demonstrated strong written, oral and presentation skills with the ability to discuss highly technical concepts to a variety of audiences, including executive level technical decision-makers.
* Demonstrated ability to develop and execute strategic initiatives.
* A high level of business acumen and experience working with Cx0 level personnel, bringing technology solutions to solve business challenges.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.
About Partners Data Systems
Partners Data Systems is a company that provides high availability storage and backup automation solutions.