Our clients are seeking and buying a new type of Program Management expert ' one who is both impartial but also deeply embedded in the delivery and success of their programs. Traditional suppliers, such as strategy houses, systems integrators and engineering project management consultants, cannot provide the complete service our clients now demand. Our insights and capabilities across all portfolio levels in planning, analysis and delivery are integrated into our core offerings, and this exemplifies our unique viewpoint over traditional program management.
An enterprise Portfolio and Project Management (PPM) consulting group that designs PPM frameworks and solutions for Fortune 1000 companies and government agencies. Our services focus on 'bridging the gap between Execution and Strategy' primarily by designing and implementing frameworks and solutions that allow companies to make data-driven decisions to optimize and manage portfolios and programs/projects.
Your key responsibilities
You will be responsible for managing multiple client engagement teams at an executive level within the practice and the firm. A successful PPM Business Solutions Manager will work directly with clients to analyze business problems and design PPM processes that address them. Additionally, PPM Business Solutions team members work closely with our PPM Technology Solutions team members to creatively leverage technology to support processes as part of the overall solution design.
As a PPM Business Solutions Manager, you'll focus on transforming the organization's ability to plan and control portfolios, and manage programs/projects through:
* Assessments, Process Design
* Capability Roadmap Development
* PMO Setup & Operations
* Automation & Digital Enablement
Skills and attributes for success
* Strong communication skills, especially around breaking down complex structures into digestible and relevant points for a diverse set of clients and colleagues, at all levels
* Foster an innovative and inclusive team-oriented work environment. Play an active role in counselling and mentoring junior consultants within the organization
* Demonstrate in-depth technical capabilities and professional knowledge. Demonstrate ability to quickly assimilate to new knowledge. Possess good business acumen. Remain current on new developments in advisory services capabilities and industry knowledge
* In line with our commitment to quality, you'll consistently drive projects to completion and determine that work is of a high quality. Your role in leading teams or parts of teams on engagements will depend on the size of engagement and will be under responsibility of higher levels. They will look to you to anticipate and identify risks and escalate issues as appropriate
* Cultivate and manage business development opportunities. Understand EY and its service lines and actively assess/present ways to serve clients. Develop and maintain long-term client relationships and networks. Develop relationships with team members across all EY practices to serve client needs
To qualify for the role you must have
* A bachelor's or master's degree
* Approximately 5+ years of related work experience; or a graduate degree and approximately 4 years of related work experience providing advisory services in leading Project and Portfolio Management process design work in at least one of the following areas: Assessments, Process Design, Capability Roadmap Development, PMO Setup & Operations, Data Framework and Design and Automation & Digital Enablement.
* Proven success in leading and developing a team of staff/senior consulting professionals
* Outstanding oral and written communication skills in English
* Demonstrated deep professional knowledge of PPM methodologies
* Expertise in identifying technology-related solutions that could streamline/support the process design, including data visualization options such as MS Share Point, MS Project Server/Project Online and MS Project Standard/Professional
* Demonstrated sector-specific knowledge and stay abreast of sector trends relevant to the client's business
* A high level of business acumen to Identify potential growth opportunities and leverage the EY network appropriately to realize opportunities
* A valid driver's license in the US and a valid passport required; willingness to travel to meet client needs and ability to travel internationally; travel is estimated at 80%
Ideally, you'll also have
* A bachelors or masters degree with an emphasis in Computer Systems, Engineering, Economics and/or Business.
* Other software solution experience beyond the Microsoft platform is also desirable such as Clarity, Primavera, Jira, and Plainview
What we look for
We look for people who can develop and implement creative solutions to challenging problems and work well with teams to do it. We look for people with an entrepreneurial spirit: innovative by nature, always creating new approaches, products, services, and technologies. Helping clients solve tough problems and implement solutions requires strong intellectual abilities and rigor as well as a practical sense of what works and what does not. We seek people who strive to lead themselves, their teams, and their communities, and who can foster effective teamwork to drive results. Is this you? Read more
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, both pension and 401(k) plans, a minimum of 15 days of vacation plus ten observed holidays and three paid personal days, and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
* The opportunity to work in many roles to solve our client's toughest issues'integrating world-class problem solving, industry and functional expertise, and proprietary tools and capabilities to create change and lasting impact.
* Manage a portfolio of talent within a designated service line
* Our style is collaborative, agile, and flexible to meet the needs of your people, processes, and technologies.
* An excellent team of senior colleagues, dedicated to managing and varying your workload
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
Build your legacy with us. If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
EY provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Ernst & Young (doing business as EY) is a multinational professional services company.