EY (Ernst & Young)
With rapidly changing global privacy regulations, clients from all industries look to us for trusted solutions for increasingly complex risks. As a member of our Privacy team you'll have the opportunity help clients gain insights into their privacy programs and capabilities to maintain compliance to global privacy regulations. You'll have access to our robust, global solutions and methodologies to advise clients on managing their privacy programs to mitigate their business risks. You'll belong to an international connected team of specialists helping our clients with their most complex cybersecurity and privacy needs and contributing toward their business resilience.
You'll work alongside respected professionals, learning about and applying leading practices to manage privacy program capabilities, which includes the processes, people, and technologies. You'll gain insights into the design and operations of privacy programs and strategies in a variety of industries and learn how to design measurable, sustainable programs to keep up with the ever changing regulatory landscape.
Your key responsibilities
You'll work with a National practice to assess privacy programs and strategies using our proprietary framework, design solutions to remediate gaps or enhance maturity of specific privacy capabilities, improve measurements and monitoring, and develop sustainable processes to enable our clients to achieve business goals and mitigate their risks. You'll gain experience applying risk management principles to a cybersecurity environment and leveraging cybersecurity frameworks / standards like ISO/IEC 27001:2013, NIST CSF, NIST 800-53, etc. as well as better understanding privacy regulations -General Data Protection Regulation (EU 2016/679).
Skills and attributes for success
* Foster relationships with client personnel at appropriate levels. Consistently deliver quality client services.
* Consistently deliver quality client services. Monitor progress, manage risk and ensure key stakeholders are kept informed about progress and expected outcomes.
To qualify for the role you must have
* Bachelor's degree in a related field and approximately 2-3 years of related work experience; or a graduate degree and approximately 2 years of related work experience
* Approximately 1-2 years of working in a Privacy environment assessing client risk and compliance to Global privacy regulations.
* Basic understanding of networking (TCP/IP, OSI model), operating system fundamentals (Windows, UNIX, mainframe), security technologies (firewalls, IDS/IPS, etc.) and application programming/scripting languages (C, Java, Perl, Shell).
* Demonstrated experience or knowledge in the following areas:
* Secure messaging/email encryption
* Mobile device security
* Disk, file, device, and database encryption
* Data classification and privacy policies
* Digital Rights Management (DRM)
* Logging, monitoring, and security event management
* Secure information storage
* Basic understanding of regulatory requirements and compliance issues affecting clients related to privacy and data protection, such as PCI DSS, GLBA, Basel II, EU Data Protection Directive, International Cross Border, and U.S. State Data Privacy Laws.
* A willingness to travel to meet client needs; travel is estimated at 60-80%; a valid driver's license in the US
Ideally, you'll also have
* Strong presentation and communication skills
* CISSP, CISM, CISA, CIPT, CIPM, CRISC or other relevant certification desired
What we look for
We're interested in intellectually curious people with a genuine passion for cyber security. With your broad exposure across Privacy, we'll turn to you to speak up with innovative new ideas that could make a lasting difference not only to us - but also to the industry as a whole.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, both pension and 401(k) plans, a minimum of three weeks of vacation plus 10 observed holidays and three paid personal days, and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Plus, we offer
* Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
* Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
* The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
* A rewards package tailored to your unique needs
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world. Apply today.
EY provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
About EY (Ernst & Young)
EY is engaged in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services.