Tumblr launched in 2007 with the belief that people need a place to say what they want, be who they want, and connect over what they love. We continue to build out Tumblr as a platform for free expression, individuality, and human connection. That's why we need smart, humble, funny people to keep Tumblr growing. We're big enough to give you the resources you need and still small enough that you can work on things that matter. Come work with us.
What you'll do
* Collaborate with other web product teams at Tumblr to re-write the web experience at Tumblr.
* Represent monetization engineering in architecture planning and technical decision-making for Tumblr's new web experience.
* Build native ad products that are engaging to users.
* Build advertiser tools for making, trafficking, and analyzing advertiser campaigns on Tumblr.
* Maintain and improve front end analytics technology to help advertisers understand the value of their advertisements.
* Help Tumblr realize its full revenue potential.
Who we're looking for
An ideal team member is someone with:
* An ability to independently drive projects
* Dreams to innovate and bring new things into the world
* A strong sense of pragmatism and the ability to decide what's "good enough" (and when to iterate)
* Working knowledge of modern API design patterns and principles
* Some experience working server-side
* An understanding of code quality, unit test coverage, and site performance
* Motivation to directly improve the business's bottom line
* Empathy and the desire to elevate those around them
* The belief that it is just as much about the journey as the destination
Tools We Use
* PHP 7.0+, PHPUnit, Python, Go
* MySQL, Memcached, and Varnish
* Hive, Hadoop, Kafka, Druid
* Git and GitHub
* Jira and Confluence
If you're interested, but your background does not include all of the above, please don't let that hold you back. Let's talk!
Verizon Media is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category. Verizon Media is dedicated to providing an accessible environment for all candidates during the application process and for employees during their employment. If you need accessibility assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, please email ApplicantAccommodation@verizonmedia.com or call 408-336-1409. Emails/calls received for non-disability related issues, such as following up on an application, will not receive a response.
Currently work for Verizon Media? Please apply on our internal career site.
About Verizon Media
Verizon Media (formerly Oath) is a company operating media, technology, and communication brands.