At Crestron Electronics, Inc we build the technology that integrates technology.
We are proud to be the largest and most recognized brand in automation and control solutions, and the premier technology partner for fortune 500 businesses globally. Our products' are integrated into new high-tech commercial buildings' to include some of the most exciting real estate throughout the world. Our clients include Google, Microsoft, Amazon, LinkedIn and many others. We are the leaders in the most exciting and opportunistic industry in the world!
Our automation and control solutions for homes and buildings allow our clients to control entire environments with the push of a button, integrating systems such as Audio Visual, Lighting, Shading, Security, Building Management Systems and HVAC to provide greater comfort, convenience and security.
We continue to experience rapid growth as we invest in resources and create new opportunities, as a result, we have exciting opportunities for an Advanced Technical Support Engineer to support our Dallas area.
* Handle escalated Technical Support cases
* Provide remote assistance and on-site support to Crestron's dealers and customers while working to resolve technical issues that are not able to be efficiently resolved through typical phone support channels.
* Stage dealer projects and programs in the process of reproducing and resolving the reported issues.
* Review project designs and programming to ensure they conform to best practices
* Gather logs, packet captures, and any other data necessary to effectively understand and ultimately resolve customer concerns.
* Perform site surveys to verify installations meet industry and Crestron standards
* Maintain a high-level of professional communication with our dealers and clients throughout the processes of resolving their technical issues.
* Clearly define and communicate how the customers concerns will be addressed and effectively manage expectations.
* Facilitate formal customer communication:
* Communicate schedules*Provide status updates *Prepare project trip reports
* Identify the need for resources, and subsequently take on team management responsibilities in relation to the resources available to resolve each case
* Proactively identify potential conflicts and delays, and work to manage and mitigate project risks.
* Liaison with sustaining engineers and product line Technical Managers as required to resolve customer concerns.
* Clearly documents all case work through the case tracking system
* Provide regular updates on the status of assigned cases to management.
* Ensure all customers receive world-class support.
* Nationwide Travel up to 40-60%. May include occasional travel to Canada and other international destinations.
* Special projects as assigned
* A minimum of 8 years of relevant experience is required
* Bachelors in EE or CS degree preferred, not required.
* DMC-E credited engineer with experience designing, installing, and commissioning large scale distributed digital video technologies is highly desirable.
* Broad understanding of Ethernet networking technologies and protocols as they pertain to residential and commercial AV systems integration. CCNA or similar networking certification is highly desirable.
* Self-starter with proven ability to constantly learn new software and hardware technologies and an ability to quickly put that learning into practice in support of highly visible real-world projects.
* Demonstrable experienced with several of the following: C#, Microsoft PowerShell, BacNET/IP, and SIP/VOIP preferred.
* Experience with Crestron's proprietary software development tools, including Simpl Windows, Simpl+, Simpl#, D3Pro, Crestron Studio.
* Familiarity with Unified Collaboration, Video Conferencing, Conference and Board Room presentation systems. Proficiency with, and knowledge of, streaming video protocols and technologies including H.264/H.265, Multicast and Unicast RTSP. Experience with industry leading audio DSPs as applied to AV systems integration.
* Experience with integrating residential and commercial technologies including, Lighting, HVAC, Distributed Audio/Video, Security and Surveillance Systems.
* Excellent written and verbal communications skills. This is a customer facing position and the ideal candidate will be able to communicate clearly and effectively while remaining focused on exceeding customer expectations.
Must be able to work in the US without sponsorship
BenefitsAt Crestron Electronics, we offer a competitive total compensation package including medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. 401K with company contribution, Paid Vacation, Holidays and more!
We have new onsite state of the art fitness and wellness centers at our Headquarters in Rockleigh, NJ.
* No Solicitation*
Any agency submittal to any and all employees of Crestron Electronics, Inc by any method of communication will be deemed, the sole property of Crestron Electronics Inc.
About Crestron Electronics
Crestron Electronics is a manufacturer of advanced control and automation systems for the office, campus, and home.