The Water Department's Mangement Services Division is seeking to hire an Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) Systems Administrator in its Water IT Section. The AMI project currently underway will cover the 340 square miles of the City's service area and communicate with 260,000 meters. This project will transform business processes in all areas of the Water Department, provide customer timely consumption information, and capture new data streams for analysis and planning. The transition to fully implement AMI will take two to three years to complete and the administrator role and duties of this position will be vital to the successful implementation and continued operation of the system. The AMI Systems Administrator will lead a team that will manage the RF network assets, headend and meter data management systems. This position will require you to work in the office environment.
Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) Systems Administrator job duties include:
* Work closely with the AMI Project Manager during the implementation of the AMI system.
* Coordinate with Meter Services AMI Administrator to support end-to-end operation of the AMI system.
* Monitor the health of the AMI system(s) ensuring that they are performing efficiently and as designed.
* Provide support to staff using the AMI system(s), escalating to vendor support if necessary.
* Verify the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes.
* Lead the preparation and periodic recovery testing of disaster recovery plans.
* Provide meter data reporting capabilities to internal and external groups as needed through SQL queries, stored procedures, reports, and views.
* Manage the daily, monthly, quarterly, and annual reports to evaluate and ensure backup and testing, intrusion prevention, data center certification compliance, and SaaS SLA compliance are met.
* Manage the RF network collector infrastructure including daily reporting. Coordinates with AMI vendors to perform contracted repair work as needed.
* Manage all hosted contract services vendor collector maintenance renewals, and service level agreement escalations for vendor support ticket requests.
* Participate in the review of RF propagation studies for system expansion and/or coverage issues.
* Define functional requirements for AMI system upgrades (software and hardware) based on departmental needs within Fort Worth Water Department.
* Review AMI system software and MDMS (Meter Data Management System) upgrades. Coordinates upgrades with other Fort Worth Water Department divisions.
* Coordinate AMI system software and MDMS upgrades with vendor. Escalate upgrade issues as they arise.
* Supervise staff, which includes prioritizing and assigning work; conducting performance evaluations; developing work schedules; ensuring staff is trained; ensuring employees follow policies and procedures; maintaining a healthy and safe working environment; and, making hiring, termination, and disciplinary recommendations.
* Perform other duties as required.
Minimum job requirements include:
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related field.
* Three years of experience in Advanced Metering Infrastructure Systems and water or gas/electric utility field.
* Must possess a valid driver's license and an acceptable driving record.
* Work a regular schedule of Monday through Friday and must be able to work after hours, weekends, and holidays as needed.
* Participate in a 24 x 7 on call rotation.
Preferred job qualifications include:
* Four years experience an IT environment
* Three years of supervisory experience
* Two years experience with Sensus/Harris AMI
* Two years experience supporting integrations and data exchange between multiple application systems
* Three years Structured Query Language (SQL) and relational database experience
* Four years municipal or local government experience -Utility experience is a plus
* Two years experience supporting a Utility application environment
* Two years experience in SaaS application environments
* Experience with RF network point to multipoint environments