This position requires a U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate government agency for non-U.S. persons
The Advanced Electro-Optical (AEO) Department within the Systems Engineering Integration and Test Center (SEIT), is seeking engineering leaders committed and passionate about creating innovative and cost-effective solutions for Requirements Management, System Integration and Verification and Validation (IV&V). The ideal candidate will be self-starting and inquisitive with very strong problem solving skills. The ideal candidate will also have proven capability in design or integration and test of complex engineering systems, and has demonstrated proven leadership qualities over small teams.
Our world-class product-lines portfolio satisfies a diverse group of government customers, each with their challenging mission objectives and capabilities. Leveraging a history rich in enabling technologies comprising focal planes arrays, optics, pointing and stabilization systems, laser/LADAR, and signal data processing; we deliver proven sensors that provide imagery and phenomenology information as well as software-centric systems that provide higher order and autonomous functions such as target acquisition and tracking.
The SEIT organization is accountable for the definition of Test and Evaluation strategies, Requirements Management and sell off, as well as the corresponding planning and execution of detailed IV&V plans for Raytheon's Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) business unit. Our center also designs and develops unique solutions for assessing system performance. These solutions include models, simulations and special test equipment designed specifically to stimulate and interrogate our EO/IR, LADAR and Laser systems.
SEIT welcomes you to join our organization that is committed to excellence and strives to be the best provider of test and evaluation solutions within the industries that we serve.
* Minimum of 6 years of experience in systems engineering
* EO/IR, LADAR or Laser systems domain knowledge for airborne or ground applications
* Prior leadership experience managing requirements and associated systems engineering tasks
* Experience in proposal development including BOE creation
* Experience in preparing management level briefings and summary explanations
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Demonstrated problem solving, organization, coordination, and planning skills
* Capable of working both independently and in a team environment
* U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
* Active DoD Secret clearance
* Technical experience in mechanical engineering or electronic design
* Demonstrated experience in IV&V planning, procedures and strategies
* Experience in numerical modeling and simulation, and performing analysis using MATLAB, Fortran, or similar language
* Experience in requirement management using Dynamic Object-Oriented Requirements System (DOORS) SW
* Experience in signal processing techniques for remote sensing applications
* Project management
* Knowledge of test methodologies and test requirement development
* Knowledge of environmental test methods and practices
* Experience in embedded software or firmware
* Experience with Special Test Equipment
* Ability to obtain a SSBI clearance
Required Education: Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or other related technical field.
Desired Education: Advanced degrees in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or other related technical field.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
139009 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
Secret - Current
Integration & Test Engineering
Type Of Job
CA - El Segundo
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a technology company, which specializes in defense and other government markets.