Actuarial Tools Business Analyst - Mercer
Location: Vernon Hills, Boston or Remote
Mercer is a global consulting leader in talent, health, retirement, and investments. Mercer helps clients around the world advance the health, wealth, and performance of their most vital asset - their people.
If you thrive on challenge, are passionate about delivering quality service, love solving problems, and truly enjoy connecting with people we would like to hear from you.
The Actuarial Tools Business Analyst will contribute to the support, enhancement and maintenance of critical Global Wealth systems (Retirement & Investments) used by clients and consultants.
This Information Technology position is for an established Actuarial professional. The successful candidate will work closely with business users and IT managers to understand, challenge and develop requirements using analytical skills. The candidate will need to translate business and functional requirements into more detailed technical specifications.
The Global Technology department is a dynamic work environment with a critical strategic goal to modernize our suite of tools that support multiple lines of business. There are 1,500 professionals currently working for Global Technology supporting a portfolio of over 400 applications. Seasoned professionals are needed to ensure our success on this journey. In particular, the Actuarial Tools Business Analyst will work with products used for actuarial valuations, retirement funding & accounting calculations, benchmarking and other supporting systems.
Minimal travel may be required to meet with business users.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Partner with business team to identify and document business and systems requirements and processes. Ensure current and accurate documentation of the solution, including business requirements documents (BRDs), use-cases and systems design documents
* Build relevant artefacts such as detailed functional and technical specifications (identification of data elements, data mappings, wire frames, recommendations for system flow & coding approach, etc.)
* Facilitate and/or participate in and contribute to internal and/or external client workshops/meetings to gather, understand and document project goals, workflows, complex business needs, gaps, and opportunities. Determine how changing business needs will affect the system, product, and process
* Work closely with the Systems Development team to ensure the business requirements are met and align with the system design
* Understand the product architecture and functionality which will allow you to assess the feasibility of client requests. Gain an understanding of product design and solutions to take wider responsibility for the defined product functionalities
* Estimate value, develop use cases and prioritize stories and epics to ensure work is aligned with product strategy. Coordinate with project managers on scope, time & sizing estimates
* Prepare and review test plans to assist the Quality Assurance (QA) testers with both manual and automated testing scripts
* Perform additional verification testing as needed
* Assist business users with defining and/or reviewing test plans and quality reviews needed to conduct User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
* Peer review and assist with the creation and updating of user guides and training materials
* Manage and complete the deployment and implementation of new and existing products/application
* Act as Portfolio Inventory Supervisor for all Global Wealth applications (for both Retirement and Investments). Maintain the Global Software Catalogue (GSC). Manage and assist with security remediation and decommissioning / transition plans for legacy applications
* Investigate, triage, diagnose and resolve complex application issues, working with business partners, other IT departments and suppliers as appropriate (Tier II Support)
* Bachelor's degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics or Computer Science preferred
* 5+ years of technology experience in similar Business Analyst role or 7+ years of related retirement business or technology experience
* Extensive actuarial and pension knowledge and experience with actuarial valuation systems
* Actuarial professional qualification a plus
* Knowledge of investments operations and business concepts applicable to a financial services organization is a plus
* Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
* Strong communication skills in English, both oral and written
* Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
* Experience with business analysis, application development and project management principles, practices, techniques and tool
* Experience with Agile methodologies is a plus
* Ability to work independently and as a group member.
* Ability to learn new software independently.
* Strong computer skills with Excel, VBA and Visio
* Basic understanding of programming (e.g. SQL) and/or QA experience is a plus
Mercer is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh & McLennan Companies (NYSE: MMC), a global team of professional services companies offering clients advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy, and human capital. MMC has over 56,000 employees worldwide and annual revenue exceeding $14 billion. For more information, visit www.mercer.com or follow Mercer on Twitter @MercerInsights.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
Mercer is a human resource consulting service that includes compensation, employee benefits, communications, and investment consulting.