Who We Are:
The Chicago office of Milliman Inc. is looking for bright, enthusiastic and qualified candidates to work in their Financial Risk Management (FRM) practice.
Milliman's rigorous, distinctly innovative approach to risk management is built on a foundation of actuarial expertise and shaped by some of the most advanced thinking in the industry. Whether you're looking to improve capital efficiency, comply with regulatory requirements, or guard against market volatility, Milliman offers a complete range of operational, strategic, and financial risk management solutions and tools.
We have a focused, multi-disciplinary team of actuaries, financial engineers/capital markets professionals and software developers working together to develop risk management solutions for the financial services industry. We currently advise some of the world's largest insurance companies in areas such as hedging strategy and operations, portfolio risk management, and capital requirements.
We hire the best in the business-and then trust them to do their work their way. It's about personal responsibility, creativity, flexibility. We believe great work happens in great work environments.
Our culture is highly collaborative with value placed on high quality work and innovation.
Model Development Group:
The Model Development Group focuses on building the tools required to create a production quality system for Dynamic Hedging, Statutory Reporting, Mergers and Acquisitions, and ad-hoc consulting projects. That includes development of liability models, tools for pre/post-processing data, hedge simulation, and post-processing tools for statutory reporting.
Your Role/What You'll Do:
* Engage end-user to understand requirements and creatively provide most efficient solution
* Write code in C/C++/C#
* Peer Review of code and models
* BS/BA or minor in actuarial science, math, physics, computer science
* Minimal coding experience
* Microsoft Excel, VBA, C/C++, C#, Microsoft Visual Studio
* Sharp critical thinking skills, sound judgment and decision making ability, and both the ability and willingness to clearly articulate your ideas
* An inherent sense of the value of collaboration
* The ability to work both collaboratively and independently
* Proven ability to work in a fast-pace environment where the client is always first
At Milliman, we focus on creating an environment that recognizes - and meets - the personal and professional needs of the individual. We offer a competitive benefits package which includes:
* Medical, dental and vision coverage for employees and their families, including eligible domestic partners.
* A 401(k) plan with matching program
* Profit sharing as a discretionary contribution to employees' retirement accounts
* Paid Time Off (PTO) starts accruing on the first day of work and can be used for any reason.
* Voluntary benefits such as additional life or accidental death and dismemberment coverage for yourself or dependents
* Flexible spending accounts allow employees to set aside pre-tax dollars to pay for dependent care, transportation and applicable medical needs