At Scripps Health, you will experience the pride, support, respect that has been repeatedly recognized as one of the nation's Top 100 Places to Work.
You'll be surrounded by people committed to making a difference in the lives of their patients and their teammates. So if you're open to change, go ahead and unlock your potential.
Join a winning team supporting the Information Services as an Active Directory/ O365/ Azure Engineer. Working together, you'll bring your technical expertise, compassion and excellence to all we do. The ideal candidate will thrive in a fast paced environment and enjoy providing world class customer service.
The Active Directory/ O365 /Azure Engineer develops single and multi-discipline infrastructure architectures to address business requirements, ensuring system scalability, security, performance and reliability for new infrastructure or significant enhancements to existing technical solutions. Applies technical assistance in design, development, implementation and management of infrastructure. Works with technical staff to understand and resolve complex infrastructure issues where analysis of situation requires in-depth evaluation of various environments. Leads Analyst in planning of infrastructure updates, testing, and validation. Designs a comprehensive documentation repository and infrastructure. Provides work leadership and training to engineers. Responsible for evaluating infrastructure life cycle. Supports solution evaluation and qualification on leading edge technology components. Performs various engineering tests to validate product designs. Acts as a liaison between customers and vendors to gather requirements. Ensures that production schedules are followed and solutions meet business and quality requirements. Engages with and maintains vendor relationships.
This position will be at our newly designed, centrally San Diego located business services office, which offers an on-site café and gym. This is a full time, salaried position and offers Scripps Health's award winning benefit package along with relocation assistance to those that qualify. On-call may be required.
Required Education/Experience/Specialized Skills:
* Excellent critical and analytical thinking and excellent customer service skills.
* Exhibit excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Advanced infrastructure design and documentation skills.
* Excellent organizational and project management skills.
* Expert in multiple computing disciplines such as operating systems, virtualization, networking or cloud services.
* Expert knowledge in at least one scripting language.
* Expert understanding of the first 3 ISO layers such as: VLAN Trunking, Routing protocols, spanning tree, cabling standards, or other networking technologies. Conceptual understanding of security concepts such as: DMZ, firewalls, threat protection, VPN or packet inspection services.
* Five years of experience in a healthcare or IT setting.
* Five years of experience managing windows operating systems
* Understanding of communication technologies: * Exchange 2016 and above
* Skype For Business / Microsoft Teams
* Solid Understanding of Microsoft Active Directory
* Solid understanding in PowerShell version 4 or later
* Two years of experience managing Linux / Unix operating systems
* Three years of experience managing vSphere VMware 5.5 or above
* Solid understanding of Converged and hyperconverged infrastructure
* Solid understanding of storage architecture and design
* Understanding of network overlays and microsegmentation
* Some cloud management experience (AWS / Azure)
* Certification: * Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) or Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MSCE)
* VCP 6.0 or above
* Check Point Certified Security Administrator (CCSA)
Scripps Health is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity/expression), age, marital status, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
About Scripps Health
Scripps Health is a not-for-profit, community-based health care delivery network.