Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company whose work with cutting-edge technology is driven by something human: the lives our technology protects? If so, Northrop Grumman may be the place for you. It's not the systems that drive us: it's the soldier our systems bring home. It's not just the equipment that motivates us: it's the people our equipment protects. It's not the innovation that gets us up in the morning: it's whom those innovations serve. We're united by our work to help people and protect the world. And that mission makes our team even stronger.
When you join Northrop Grumman, you'll have the opportunity to connect with coworkers in an environment that's uniquely caring, diverse, and respectful. Employees share experiences, insights, perspectives, and creative solutions with some of the best minds in the industry. We collaborate through integrated product teams, cross-functional teams, and employee resource groups, while thriving through the support of training and development, mentors and every day coaching, along with extensive health and work/life benefits. We're committed to our employees' professional and personal development and success.
Northrop Grumman recruits top talent with traditional and non-traditional backgrounds in order to ensure our team is united, connected, skilled, focused and innovative. An inclusive workplace of people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives is the key to our performance. At Northrop Grumman, we want our employees to bring their whole self to work. All your different sides are welcome here, as we believe they make our team, our products and our services, that much better.
Northrop Grumman Technology Services sector is seeking an experienced Active Directory Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. The work location is based in Washington, DC. This position supports the Department of State (DoS) Vanguard program.
Roles and Responsibilities:
* Perform lifecycle Systems Engineering for existing and new Directory Services capabilities on multi-forest multi-domain Active Directory infrastructure with more than 300 sites worldwide
* Provide Tier III Support to include in-depth analysis and troubleshooting of issues escalated by Tier II support personnel
* Perform Operations and Maintenance (O&M) activities related to the management of enterprise scale Active Directory to include maintenance actions, engineering changes, upgrades, and remediation of potential security vulnerabilities
* Support Directory Service Projects to include design, development, testing, and deployment of new or enhanced capabilities or Group Policy
* Support Active Directory Accreditation and Authorization (A&A) efforts and the development of systems administration processes for Tier II support personnel
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
* Bachelor's degree in STEM with 9 years of experience; Additional years of experience may be used in lieu of a bachelor's degree
* 2 year's hands-on experience with Microsoft Active Directory
* Experience supporting Active Directory capabilities in distributed environments
* Fundamental knowledge of Domain Controller roles
* Experience engineering/supporting systems and applications on enterprises with up to 5,000 users
* Experience supporting security hardened OS and applications against Industry/DoD/Other Govt guidelines
* Experience supporting systems that follow the Risk Management Framework (RMF) for Accreditation and Authorization (A&A)
* Position requires a current, active Top Secret Clearance
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
* Department of State (DOS) on-site customer experience (domestic and/or overseas)
* 5 years hands-on experience with Microsoft Active Directory on Windows Server 2012/2016
* Expert knowledge of Federation Services and Cloud-integrated identities
* Experience engineering/supporting users and applications on enterprises with 20,000 users
* Experience engineering/supporting Active Directory with inter-domain trusts in a globally distributed environments with greater than 10,000 endpoints
* Experience developing/supporting Powershell scripts
* Experience supporting environments with IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) based processes and/or ISO 20K certified
* Experience with cloud-based services (SaaS and IaaS) used by Government customers
* Industry standard training and/or certifications; DOS specific training and/or certifications
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
About Northrop Grumman
Northrop Grumman is a provider of autonomous systems, strike, logistics, C4ISR, and cyber solutions for government and commercial customers.