Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) is seeking a Systems Assurance (SA) Lead to perform requirements analysis, functional analysis, and allocation and design synthesis followed later by verification and validation. The SA maintains insight into these activities and provides an independent review of system specifications to verify customer requirements are embedded in program technical documentation. The SA partners with systems architect and systems engineer to provide support for system and software architecture development for next-generation mission systems and product development. The SA will partner with the architect analyzing mission systems level requirements and ConOps into systems and software architecture, assess modeling of that architecture and system performance, provide requirements guidance, and support system verification/validation testing.
The position will require regular communication with ACT MA Organization to ensure System Assurance objectives and results support both Mission Assurance and program requirements and IRAD project performance goals and milestones for trades and analyses, engineering development, and rapid prototype development.
The SA enables MA and program success by proactively identifying and addressing areas where the adequacy of the system design and architecture, requirements, analyses, risk mitigation plans, certification and/or verification/validation and qualification approaches and process/product noncompliance have the potential to impact overall mission success of Raytheon program teams. This position reports directly to the Advance Concepts and Technology (ACT) Business Area Mission Assurance (BAMA) Director. The SA will work within multi-disciplinary integrated product teams (IPTs) across the ACT product line to ensure collaboration and architect reports directly to the lead ACT MA Director.
This assignment will require working across multiple ACT Product Areas. All candidates must be able to be flexible and work on cross-business initiatives and quick reaction support requests.
Responsibilities will include:
The selected individual will perform with minimal supervision:
* The SA Lead works in partnership with the ACT Systems Engineering, Systems Architecture, & Hardware teams to ensure a cohesive and compliant solution baseline is not only established, but managed throughout the contract period of performance.
* Assure for all programs/projects have a well-defined technical baseline, distinct system architectures, clear system requirements and documentation, thorough integration and test plans, and robust verification and validation.
* Assure that inspectability, testability, and producibility are considered and assessed during the early development of the systems specification and flowdown to lower-level requirements.
* Provide an integrated perspective of the program's technical risk that considers criticality, system safety, reliability, test and evaluation criteria and adverse trend (Raytheon and supplier).
* Review and approve the Engineering program documentation, including specifications, requirements, specification control drawings, altered item drawings, assembly drawings, test plans, procedures, instructions and standard operating processes prior to release for correctness to technical standards.
* Assure Reliability Engineering's reliability predictions and analysis (e.g., worst case, fault tree, reliability failure modes and effects analysis [FMEA], parts stress/derating, mean time between failure [MTBF] and limited life) are performed to proactively mitigate potential architecture, design, performance, process and test impacts.
* Define, collect, analyze, and maintain MA metrics for program and functional use and participate in program/product cost activities throughout the life cycle.
* Minimum of 8 years of experience in systems architecture and/or systems engineering and/or Mission Assurance with working knowledge of business strategic planning and proposal, prototype development, engineering development, integration and test, and acceptance and post-delivery support.
* Experience with formal architecting methods and knowledge of Model Based Systems Engineering
* Experience leading derivation of component and product requirements from system level requirements
* Past or present active member or chair of Material and Failure nonconformance review boards (MRB/FRB)
* Experience in predictive and proactive measures and metrics assessments and leading actions to improve performance or mitigate problems
* Knowledge of systems architecture, system design, systems analyses, criticality, and system safety requirements
* Must possess a Raytheon Six Sigma Specialist or Industry Six Sigma Greenbelt Certification
* U.S. Citizenship Status is Required as this position will require the ability to Access US Only Data Systems.
* U.S. Citizenship Status is Required as this position needs an Active U.S. Secret Security Clearance as of Day One of Employment.
* Raytheon Certified Mission Assurance Lead Level 3, or higher
* Experience with sensor system performance measurement analysis
* Experience with mission system requirements development
* Experience as an embedded, mission-critical, software developer
* Experience with laboratory test, flight test, and qualification of sensing and/or mission systems
* Experience with System Integrity compliant processing architectures and methods
* Experience conducting or leading customer witnessed tests
* Experience with small engineering team leadership.
* Active DoD Top Secret Clearance
* Experience with low TRL, IRAD, rapid prototype development
* Experience and demonstrated successes in continuously improving organizational capabilities
* Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Science, Mathematics, Business, or Quality Assurance
142739BR 142739 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
Secret - Current
Type Of Job
TX - McKinney
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a technology company, which specializes in defense and other government markets.