Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) is the leading provider of radar sensor systems. We provide war fighters the most accurate and timely information available for the network-centric battlefield. This position is specifically for a Program Chief Engineer.
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) a world leader of radar sensor systems. This position is specifically for a Chief Engineer (CE), who will provide engineering program leadership as part of the Radar Capabilities Development Department, and the Advanced Concepts and Technology (ACT) Advanced RF programs.
The CE responsibilities will include:
* Providing engineering program execution and technical leadership for RF systems programs from product concept, proposal development, through production
* Facilitating communications between the external customers, internal SAS leadership, and the program's engineering team
* Providing engineering program management through creation, analysis, and forecasting of program staffing, risk/opportunity management, EVMS, IPT coordination, subcontracts management, and issue management
* Support the SAS business technical roadmaps, and provides technical mentoring
* Technical support of program with novel and complex architectures leveraging core capabilities and identify opportunities for innovation across Raytheon SAS.
* Technical support of program with developing and maintaining the analysis to predict overall system performance, error margins and performance budgets, development and flow down of systems requirements, error budget trees, and performance modeling, simulation and analysis.
* Support the continuous process improvement efforts of Program Engineering and Systems Engineering.
* Technical Experience: Minimum 12 years' experience with a few of the following areas related to RF systems engineering: RF and digital HW design, signal processing, surveillance, reconnaissance, synthetic aperture radar imaging, communication systems, electronic protection, ID, or adaptive techniques
* Experience communicating and presenting complex topics across all organizational levels and customers
* Demonstrated experience and understanding of team leadership, program staffing, EVMS, risk management, subcontract management, and quality controls (process tailoring, audit, etc.)
* Experience in radar and/or communication system operational concepts, functional and operational gap analysis, proposal development, Design to Cost / Design to Specification concepts, analysis and trade studies, link budgets and margins, and algorithm development.
* Experience with radar systems and relevant experience with system integration, test, verification and validation.
* Experience executing and integration and test procedures on radar systems, and supporting testing of radar systems and LRUs in the lab.
* Experience investigating software stability issues, flight test problem reports, and developing solutions to the problems.
* Very strong organization, coordination, planning and teaming skills.
* Demonstrated understanding of the principles of operation of multiple sensors, key performance parameters and design degrees of freedom for various sensors
* U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
* U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
* Advanced understanding of radar and EO/IR HW and how the different systems in the radar/EO/IR interact with each other.
* Ability to troubleshoot radar HW & SW and make recommendations on HW & SW solutions.
* Ability to understand radar modes and how they fit together with operational tactics.
* Firm understanding of system life-cycle to include logistics, reliability, maintainability and depot management.
* Original development of novel architectures and/or signal processing solutions for radar and communication system applications, as evidenced by patents and/or publications
* Working knowledge of radar development related engineering disciplines; Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering (Analog/RF, Power/P-Spice, digital), Mechanical Engineering (structural, thermal, drawings), Software Engineering (Structured Analysis, Object Oriented, coding), Reliability, Operational, etc.
* Proposal development leadership and technical volume leadership
* Technical mentoring in Radar design for multi-function systems
* Demonstrated involvement in continuous process improvement efforts
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Math, Science or related technical degree.
Master's Degree in Engineering, Mathematics, Science or related technical field.
136988BR 136988 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
Top Secret - Current
Type Of Job
CA - El Segundo
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.