The Marlin Alliance Inc. is seeking an experienced Acquisition Support Specialist to provide contracts support to SPAWARs FRD 6.0 team. The position will require assisting clients with developing program and acquisition documentation, creating program schedules, tracking program status, evaluating operational and technical alternatives, performing risk assessments, and managing integrated product teams. Anticipated travel is minimal (>5%). Salary is commensurate with experience. The candidate must have or be able to obtain a DoD clearance.
Established in 2002, The Marlin Alliance, Inc. a woman-owned small business provides transformation consulting, professional services, and technical support to government, military, healthcare, telecommunications, and utility industry clients. www.themarlinalliance.com
Duties / Responsibilities
* Responding to both routine and non-routine internal and external data calls assigned to the Acquisition Management team, including drafting, revising, reviewing, and/or routing inputs to respond to the data calls in the form of point papers, impact statements, spreadsheet updates, and emails.
* Performing routine acquisition and risk related events and reports in the specified template or format; assessing the data for acquisition implications with statutory and regulatory (or policy) requirements and program/project execution risks.
* Analyzing and providing recommendations for potential changes to existing acquisition related policy, guidance, and directives, including assessment of the impact on existing programs and projects.
* Coordinating and monitoring of acquisition and program transition issues.
* Developing acquisition documentation to support specified program or project requirements, as requested by the Acquisition Manager.
* Identifying and providing recommendations for developing and tracking acquisition and risk metrics to provide insight into trends within existing and potential programs, projects, and/or acquisition/risk processes, ensuring consistency.
* Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
* Bachelor's degree in related field.
* Bachelor's degree in related field is preferred.
* Active DoD Secret Clearance.
* Excellent oral and written communications skills, organizational and workload management, and interpersonal and teambuilding skills.
* Working knowledge of the DOD/Federal systems acquisition and procurement process as well as government acquisition.
* Skill in the use of standard MS office software.
* Ability to develop and prepare comprehensive personnel/financial/business analyses.
* Ability to support process analysis and process design/modeling efforts (e.g., organizational process maturity and continuous performance improvement initiatives).
* Experience with the Space and Naval Warfare Systems Command (SPAWAR) is preferred.
* Skill in the use of collaborations tools (e.g., wikis, portals, shared files, etc.) is preferred.
Work Environment and Mental/Physical Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
* Typical office environment with no unusual hazards.
* The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
* Constant sitting while using the computer terminal.
* Constant use of sight abilities while reviewing documents.
* Constant use of speech/hearing abilities for communication.
* Occasional reaching, stooping, kneeling, or crouching may be required.
* Occasional lifting up to 20 pounds.
* Constant use of mental alertness.
* Frequent work under deadlines.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills aptitudes and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills or abilities.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an at will relationship.