Who we are
Collaborative. Respectful. A place to dream and do. These are just a few words that describe what life is like at Toyota. As one of the world's most admired brands, Toyota is growing and leading the future of mobility through innovative, high-quality solutions designed to enhance lives and delight those we serve. We're looking for diverse, talented team members who want to grow and challenge what's possible with us.
An important part of the Toyota family is Toyota Financial Services (TFS), the finance and insurance brand for Toyota and Lexus in North America. While TFS is a separate business entity, it is an essential part of this world-changing company - delivering on Toyota's vision to move people beyond what's possible. At TFS, you will help create best-in-class customer experiences in an innovative, collaborative environment
Who we're looking for
Toyota's Accounting and Tax Finance Department is looking for a passionate and highly-motivated Accounting Systems Consultant.
The primary responsibility of this high-level role is to act as the representative and lead for certain systems projects and process improvements assigned to the Accounting Systems Controls group in support of the Accounting & Tax department.
Reporting to the Accounting Systems Control Senior Manager, the person in this role will support the Accounting Systems Control department's objective to
create value and enable faster decision making by leveraging existing and new accounting systems technologies.
What you'll be doing
* This role will assist the department in delivering new platform capabilities, reports development and demonstrate how new technologies, best practices and trends can be incorporated into business and technology processes leveraging a strong understanding of end-to-end processes.
* You will partner with Finance leadership to develop and implement accounting and tax solutions related to the Company's current accounting systems including, but not limited to PeopleSoft, HEPM, ReconNET, Cadency Certification, SAP, Essbase.
* You will oversee the build out and deployment of new Accounting Systems with the goal to transfer oversight to the designated Accounting Systems Manager who will administer the system after deployment.
* You will represent Accounting & Tax assigned projects as the lead technical accounting SME working with Accounting & Tax to gather the proper requirements and managing a project team through all phases of the project including configuration, process re-design, testing, training and implementation.
* You will work with multiple groups within Finance and across the Company including but not limited to Accounting, Tax, Financial Reporting, BTS, Business Intelligence, and other groups as needed to develop and implement Accounting and Tax solutions to meet TFS' growing business needs.
* You will create, maintain, and communicate project status and issues using established project management tools as needed. Including, but not limited to: Project Status Reports, Issues Tracking, Project Plans, etc.
What you bring
* Bachelor's degree in Accounting is required. Additional degree or minor in Computer Science, Information Technology, Management Information Systems highly-desired.
* This role requires a strong background in the support, management, enhancement of accounting systems, project management, and practical knowledge and experience in the application of GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles) for financial service companies
* Mid-career or greater years of relevant work experience (in similar field and/or industry) proactively identifying ways by which technology can add value to business teams to improve processes and effectively communicate them to key stakeholders.
* You must be able to understand the needs of the various groups involved in a project or system, evaluate alternative courses of action, and propose appropriate solutions.
* You must have demonstrated experience balancing business considerations with hands-on execution working with various teams on special projects with a wide variety of technical expertise within core accounting, tax, and finance operations.
Added bonus if you have:
* MBA or other advanced degree in Accounting, Computer Science, Information Technology, Management Information Systems
* Recent years in a management or leadership role in a similar quality-driven environment
* CPA or CA are strongly preferred
* Experience leveraging Toyota Business Practices and other Kaizen methodologies, or similar process improvement methodologies to identify and solve business issues through the technology project
What we'll bring
During your interview process, our team can fill you in on all the details of our industry-leading benefits and career development opportunities. A few highlights include:
* A work environment built on teamwork, flexibility and respect
* Professional growth and development programs to help advance your career, as well as tuition reimbursement
* Vehicle purchase & lease programs
* Comprehensive health care and wellness plans for your entire family
* Flexible work options based on business needs
* Toyota 401(k) Savings Plan featuring a company match, as well as an annual retirement contribution from Toyota regardless of whether you contribute
* Paid holidays and paid time off
* Referral services related to prenatal services, adoption, child care, schools and more
* Flexible spending accounts
* Relocation assistance
* Onsite amenities such as fitness center, restaurants, etc.
What you should know
Our success begins and ends with our people. We embrace diverse perspectives and value unique human experiences. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates the diversity of the communities where we live and do business. Applicants for our positions are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, religion, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law.
Have a question or need assistance with your application? Check out the How to Apply section of our careers page on Toyota.com!
To save time applying, Toyota does not offer sponsorship of job applicants for employment-based visas or any other work authorization for this position at this time.