Essence, part of GroupM, is a global data and measurement-driven agency that blends data science, objective media and captivating experiences to build valuable connections between brands and consumers. Clients include Google, FrieslandCampina, and the Financial Times. The agency is more than 1,100 people strong, manages over $3.2B in media spend and deploys campaigns in 71 markets via its global offices throughout North America, EMEA and APAC.
Visit essenceglobal.com for more information and follow us on Twitter at @essenceglobal
About the role
Google's projects, like our users, span the globe and require managers to keep the big picture in focus. As a Digital Creative Program Manager at Google, you will project manage developing & building best in class online advertising solutions across Google’s key marketing initiatives. You will plan requirements, manage the briefing process with our agencies and usher online creative through the entire project lifecycle from start to finish. This includes managing project schedules, identifying risks and clearly communicating goals to project stakeholders and the team. Your projects often span offices, agencies, time zones and hemispheres, and it's your job to keep all the players coordinated on the online creative progress and deadlines.
Some of the things we’d like you to do
- Collaborate with Essence Creative on proposal presentations and liaise with Essence Client Service (CS)/Planning teams on integrating these within wider planning presentations
- Manage the feedback process between PMMs (Google Product Marketing Managers are the primary stakeholders and approvers for the majority of Google campaigns) and Essence Creative
- Coordinate between different stakeholders both internally (e.g. Google Marketing teams, Google Sales/Tech Support (gPod) teams etc) and externally (e.g. creative agencies) throughout the creative process
- Facilitate the the gathering of insights by working with Essence strategy teams to craft a brief for EMEA gPod contacts
- For those campaigns which need to be adapted for local markets (e.g. Pixel), work with local Essence teams to gather and action feedback
- Build and own the project plans (working in collaboration with Essence to make sure these are in line with wider campaign timings). Check-in daily with Essence point of contact to capture any updates
- Build relationships with key Google Marketing teams, building a reputation as a go-to for digital creative innovation
- Own the EMEA creative status sheet, working with Essence to ensure this is up to date via regular 1-2-1 meetings
- Own and update the EMEA section of the global creative status sheet
- Facilitate the relationship between Google Product (e.g DoubleClick, YouTube…) and the Essence/Media Lab creative team. Create and maintain a record of products which are scheduled for release (and how we intend to capitalise on them)
- Proactively identify ways to improve the creative process and work with the global team to ensure the internal documents (e.g. Playbooks) are up to date
- Support Media Lab team members in producing materials for creative onboarding sessions with new PMMs. Proactively identify opportunities to present the Essence/Media Lab creative proposition to key stakeholders (e.g. Google Marketing, creative agencies…)
- Collaborate with global Essence/Media Lab creative team in ensuring EMEA work is properly captured as part of global creative presentations (e.g. repository deck)
- Work with Essence Creative and CS to manage workloads across projects. Ensure projects fall within signed-off resource allocation
A bit about yourself
- BA/BS degree (In lieu of degree, relevant skills or equivalent experience).
- Experience project managing/producing digital creative
- An understanding of dynamic and/or contextual creative solutions
- Solid project and account management experience, ability to define projects, able to filter feedback through a strategic lens while executing within timelines, with multiple stakeholders and proven ability to deliver projects on time and to budget
- Previous client-facing role experience
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively influence and communicate cross-functionally with all levels of management
- Ability to build and maintain constructive working and communications relationships with a diverse community of technical and nontechnical audiences
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, negotiation and organizational skills
What you can expect from Essence
Essence’s mission is to make advertising more valuable to the world. We do this by employing the world’s very best talent to solve some of the toughest challenges of today’s digital marketing landscape. It’s important that we hire people whose values reflect those of our own: genuine, results-focused, daring and insightful. As an Essence employee, we promise you a workplace that invests in your career, cares for you and is fun and engaging. We believe these factors create a workplace where you can be yourself and do amazing work.