American Management Association
American Management Association (www.amanet.org) is a world leader in talent development, advancing the skills of individuals to drive business success. AMA supports the goals of individuals and organizations through a complete range of products and services, including classroom and virtual seminars, webcasts, webinars, podcasts, conferences, corporate and government solutions, and research.
AMA is looking for a A/V Technical Support/Service Representative who will be responsible for providing technical support to AMA clients, semianr participants and course leaders, i.e. technical set-up of A/V and PC equipment, setup of all meeting furniture, and maintenance of a clean, safe and professional environment in all AMA meeting and public spaces.
* Prepare all meeting rooms to be set up according to meeting requirements; includes the testing and operation of all Audiovisual, PC and technical equipment in meeting rooms.
* Ensure that the meeting room meets the need of the AMA speaker and clients by acclimating them to capabilities of the equipment in the meeting rooms and by continually following up to troubleshoot any/all technical or logistical challenges if necessary.
* Maintain all technical aspects as well as cleanliness of all audiovisual and computer equipment.
* Create and maintain accurate inventory of all center equipment.
* Continually research new & innovative technology which may be applicable to business and present them to Center Management.
Meeting Material & Logistics
* Retrieve meeting requirements from iMIS and or from Center Operations Coordinator (Program Administrators).
* Confirm that all meeting materials that were received are correct; physically arrange all meeting furniture, equipment, and set meeting materials as required
* Ensure that all current literature and AMA promotional material is appropriately displayed through out center's display areas
* Work closely with seminar leaders to ensure that their needs and requirements are met.
* Interact with participants and AMA staff to determine and deliver required/requested services and support
* Develop, recommend and initiated service enhancement ideas.
* Must be cross-trained with the customer service coordinators and/or center coordinators (PA's) to be able to provide "back-up" support to those roles.
Facility Services & Maintenance
* Mailing, shipping, & receiving responsibilities for center mail & freight.
* Ensure that the center is open for business each and every business day (all required meeting rooms are open, all necessary equipment are in room, and all beverage stations are open)
* Maintain all public areas; including lounges, business center, and ensuring that beverage stations are clean, stocked, and presentable for AMA customers
* Identify any specific facility issue (HVAC, maintenance, security, etc…) and report to Center Manager. Any hazardous condition requires that it be brought to the Center Management's attention immediately.
* Complete semi-annual cleaning and maintenance program for all meeting rooms, public space, and all audiovisual equipment.
* Create & maintain an accurate inventory of all center furniture.
* Other duties as assigned.
* College or technical/vocational degree or certificate preferred.
* 2+ years conference center and/or hotel/convention services experience desired.
* Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
* Strong interpersonal skills required.
* Must be detail oriented.
* Must be team oriented and a self starter.
* Experience in general a/v installation and operation required.
* Overtime and some weekend work required.
* Required to wear specific business attire on a daily basis.
* Must be able to prioritize multiple tasks and continually re-evaluate them in a constantly changing environment.
* Must be computer literate with working knowledge of PowerPoint, Excel, Lotus Notes, and MS Word.
An EEO/AA Employer, M/F/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans - An ADA compliance organization
About American Management Association
A world leader in professional development, advancing the skills of individuals to drive business success.