What you'll be doing...
We are seeking a 5G/LTE Device Protocol Architect to drive the team in delivering turnkey solutions for rapidly evolving technologies in like NBIoT, CBRS, LAA, 5G NSA, and 5G SA for Verizon who has extensive experience protocol stack -layers L1 (PHY), L2 & L3, has experience with Qualcomm/Intel small cell platform and can design and architect innovative solutions. You will be leading innovation for Verizon 5G device technologies and will be delivering solutions in cutting edge technologies. You will manage vendors as lead architect to define Verizon products and devices for enterprise and consumers.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Six or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
* A degree or Master's degree in Electronic Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or other engineering relevant discipline.
* Ten or more years of relevant experience.
* Experience in 3GPP, GSMA, GCF and other telecommunications standards.
* Experience in RAN technologies like LTE, Cat M, NBIoT, RF, 5G.
* Experience in test equipment like Anite, Anritsu, R&S.
* Experience with MEC, small cell, and other cutting edge technologies.
* Knowledge of TCP/UDP/IP.
* Ten or more years of telecommunications experience.
* Knowledge of LTE and 5G network components.
* Ability to work independently and also as part of a group.
* Ability to be self-motivated with a positive attitude and good team development skills.
* Good knowledge of network elements (gNB/eNB/MME etc.) and device implementation.
* Hands on with debugging, analyzing the problem from device and network require.
* Experience with wireless protocols - L3/L2/L1/PHY/RF/BSP.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.