Requisition ID: 55813
Job Function/Category: Information Technology
Employment Type: Non-Exempt Full Time
This is an exciting time to be joining PSEG. Our commitments, which include safety, integrity, customer focus, and diversity & inclusion, are the fabric of our culture and help drive the success of our business. We are fortunate to have an outstanding workforce of diverse and highly skilled talent who move us forward in our operational excellence journey. PSEG has more than 12,000 employees who are dedicated to the communities we serve and embody our vision: People providing Safe, Reliable, Economic and Greener Energy.
This is a multi-level position and placement is dependent upon the skills and experience of the candidate.
Technology Professional - Grade 24:
This is an entry level role that provides college hires the opportunity to be involved in meaningful work/projects throughout the Information Technology organization. This position prepares candidates for advanced information technology positions through challenging assignments, and allows them to develop their skills and launch an exciting career in information technology. They will learn and assist in various technology projects and programs such as assisting in the development of security role designs and security restrictions; learning SAP and providing SAP support services to assist internal client organizations in the pursuit of their business objectives; and acquiring web and mobile technology skills in a highly collaborative organization. Participating in web and content management-related projects and improving productivity of internal client organizations and customers by deploying new technology solutions focused on a combination of front-end technologies like SharePoint, FileNet, and Responsive Web.
Required Skills, Competencies, Education or Experience:
* Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Information/Computer Security, Engineering or a related technical discipline.
* Minimum 3.0 GPA
* Level of experience required ranges from internship to 4 years of relevant experience within the IT field or an industry with reliance on technical expertise.
* Overall strong technical proficiency in information technology/computer disciplines.
* Strong MS Office skills (i.e. Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Access
* Experience working with or related coursework in .NET, HTML, SQL, Java, Java scripting or Object Oriented Design.
* Self-starting with the demonstrated ability to learn new technical concepts quickly.
* Detail oriented and demonstrated strong analytical and problem solving skills.
* Good written and oral communication skills.
* Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with clients, IT management and staff.
Desired Skills, Competencies, Education or Experience:
* Experience with Splunk SIEM (System Information and Event Management) system.
* Manages information security technologies such as antivirus, IDS/IPS, endpoint detection & response, DLP, data encryption, proxies, and network access control, as well as security policies and procedures.
* Reviews complex architecture design diagrams and documents for new technologies and changes to existing technologies to determine risks and provide recommendations and mitigations.
* Has strong incident response and threat analysis experience. Proficient in defining processes and procedures for incident response.
* Follows cyber security news and alerts, understands complex attack vectors and risks, and identifies and evaluates emergent cyber security threats and vulnerabilities. Recommends appropriate corrective actions for information security incidents and provides risk mitigation recommendations to management and team.
* Is familiar with cloud computing and can implement strong security to protect cloud first environment.
* Works independently with little or no supervision.
PSEG will not offer visa sponsorship in connection with these positions
As an employee of PSE&G or PSEG Long Island, you should be aware that during storm restoration efforts, you may be required to perform functions outside of your routine duties and on a schedule that may be different from normal operations.
This site (http://www.pseg.com) is strictly for candidates who are not currently PSEG employees. PSEG employees must apply for jobs internally through empower which can be accessed through the mypseg homepage by clicking on the employee center tab, then under the empower header, choose careers.
Business needs may cause PSEG to cancel or delay filling position at any time during the selection process.
Certain positions at the Company may require you to have access to Part 810-Controlled Information. Under the law, the Company is limited in who it can share this information with and in certain circumstances it is necessary to obtain specific authorization before the Company can share this information. Accordingly, if the position does require access to this information, you must complete a 10 CFR Part 810 Export Control Compliance Nationality Request Form, a copy of which will be provided to you by Talent Acquisition if an offer is made. If there is a need for specific authorization, due to the time it takes to obtain authorization from the government, we will likely not be able to further proceed with an offer.
Public Service Enterprise Group (PSEG) is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment, including the hiring process, based on any legal protected characteristic. Legally protected characteristics included, race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in locations where PSEG employs individuals.
Need to request an accommodation?
If you have a disability and need assistance submitting your resume, applying for a position or registering for a test, please call 973-430-3845. Any information provided regarding a disability will be kept strictly confidential and will not be shared with anyone involved in making a hiring decision.
Nearest Major Market: Newark
Nearest Secondary Market: New York City
Job Segment: ERP, Intern, Developer, Engineer, Information Systems, Technology, Engineering, Entry Level
Public Service Enterprise Group is a diversified energy company.