At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives. With $33 billion in sales, our 93,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.
3M is seeking a Product Owner for the Health Information Systems Division located in Atlanta, GA; Murray, UT or 3M HIS Office Locations. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.
3M Health Information Systems (HIS) is the world leader for innovating the language of health and delivers comprehensive software and consulting services. Working at 3M Health Information Systems you will be helping with today's challenges while preparing for tomorrows. Transforming health care from a system that treats disease, to a system that improves health and wellness begins with accurate health information and payment. From improving the efficiency of medical records coding to outlining success in value-based care and healthcare analytics. All while working with the best and the brightest to advance more than your own career, you are working to advance the entire world.
The person hired for the position of Product Owner will lead a dynamic group of developers in a high-tech, agile, challenging, and fun work environment. You will be engaged daily in highly visible projects critical to the success and future direction of 3M HIS. You will lead one or more agile scrum teams in the development of analytical algorithms to create benchmarks and Norms for use within HIS products and Business Processes. You will get to be part of a team that has real meaningful work that makes a difference. We foster an environment of Collaboration, Communication, Accountability, and Performance. We celebrate our successes.
This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government or military environments to a 3M career.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
* As Product Owner of team developing benchmarks and Norms from large (10-50+ million records) health care databases, this role acts as the key stakeholder and SME and fills a critical leadership need for scaling large scale healthcare data processing and analysis
* As Product Owner of team developing comparative statistics on individual providers and clients to support marketing and sales, this role acts as the key stakeholder and SME for determining methodologic approach and verification of results of the analysis of administrative and performance data
* Work with Product Managers, Sales, Marketing and Clients to collect VOC to inform product vision
* Works with internal business stakeholders and development teams to define and communicate the project vision via a prioritized backlog of features and user story acceptance criteria
* Developed Product Backlog Items with full description and specification of the deliverable and acceptance criteria including required outputs to verify statistical validity of results
* This role works closely with software architects and development leads to create the technical roadmap to leverage and use internal platforms and services
* In addition to working with the dedicated scrum teams, this role works horizontally within the business and technology organizations to integrate the benchmarks and norms into other products and processes
* This role adheres to and champions Scrum principles and promote agile methodologies
* Participate on cross-functional teams, coordinate and communicate with other Product Owners, Product Managers, Scrum Masters, Sales Representatives, Client Implementation, Business Leaders and Software Engineers
* This role will innovate company IP for 3M HIS
* Possess a bachelor's degree or higher (completed and verified prior to start) from an accredited institution
* Minimum of five (5) years of experience working with healthcare data in an analytic role involving statistical analysis and interpretation
* Bachelor's degree in Statistics, Math, Computer Science or related discipline, a Master's degree or Ph.D. is a plus
* Experience with database and data driven application development projects (i.e. utilizing Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, Oracle)
* Design and development of analytic algorithms in healthcare decision support products or processes
* Awareness of Amazon technologies such as Athena, Redshift, Aurora, Cloudsearch, Lamda, EC2, SMS, Athena, Kinesis, Cloudwatch, Cloudtrail, SQS, EMR, S3
* Informatics experience
* Healthcare industry experience
* Experience managing and leading development teams
* Experience leading a development team during the design and architecture phase
* Ability to effectively communicate ideas and information to other individuals and teams via verbal/written communication
* Excellent attention to detail
* Comfortable in a fast-paced agile environment with challenging deadlines, and be able to manage multiple tasks and challenging priorities
* Possesses a solid understanding of users, the marketplace, the competition and future trends for the type of system being developed
* Ability to meet timelines set in project plans and produce a high-quality product
* Ability to take individual initiative and responsibility for assignments
* Experience with projects using elastic cloud computing environments such as Amazon AWS and Azure
Location: Atlanta, GA; Murray, UT or 3M HIS office Locations
Travel: May include up to 10% domestic
Relocation: Is not authorized
Must be legally authorized to work in the country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
Diverse & Inclusive 3M
3M is a place where you can collaborate with other curious, creative people. Where your diverse talents, inclusiveness, initiative, and leadership are valued. Where you'll find challenging opportunities that make your career exciting and rewarding. With a diversity of people, global locations, technologies, and products, 3M is a place to grow and be rewarded for excellence
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M.
3M is an equal opportunity employer. 3M will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.
Please note: your application may not be considered if you do not provide your education and work history, either by: 1) uploading a resume, or 2) entering the information into the application fields directly.
Please access the linked document by clicking here, select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.