At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives. With $32 billion in sales, our 91,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.
3M is seeking a DevOps Engineer for the Health Information Systems Division located in Silver Spring, MD; St. Paul, MN; Murray, UT; Atlanta, GA; Wallingford, CT; Albany, NY. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.
3M Health Information Systems (HIS) is the world leader for innovating the language of health and delivers comprehensive software and consulting services. Working at 3M Health Information Systems you will be helping with today's challenges while preparing for tomorrows. Transforming health care from a system that treats disease, to a system that improves health and wellness begins with accurate health information and payment. From improving the efficiency of medical records coding to outlining success in value-based care and healthcare analytics. All while working with the best and the brightest to advance more than your own career, you are working to advance the entire world.
Job Summary (DevOps Engineer):
As an DevOps Engineer , you are building an automated deployment framework and other tools that supports the needs of over 70 product / services teams. These tools allow the team to efficiently deploy products to production in secure and compliant manner. You will work directly with product development teams to understand their requirements and build and implement solutions that meet their needs.
This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government or military environments to a 3M career.
Primary Responsibilities (DevOps Engineer) include but are not limited to the following:
* Create tools and technology to support automated deployment of 3M HIS products and services on AWS to help drive the goal of autonomous service teams.
* Codify security and compliance controls into infrastructure and application deployments
* Advise and assist development teams with the tools, process, and culture necessary for CI/CD
* Help lead the organization through its DevOps transformation and adoption of CI/CD
Basic Qualifications (DevOps Engineer):
* Possess a Bachelor's Degree or higher from an accredited university or a High School Diploma/GED or higher from an accredited institution and a minimum of eight (8) years of computer programming experience in lieu of the bachelor's degree education requirement
* Minimum of four (4) years of delivering software in to a production environment in a private, public, government or military environment
* Minimum of two (2) years of experience with scripting languages
* Minimum of two (2) years using Azure, AWS, or GCE in a production capacity
* Minimum of three (3) years of experience of application deployment automation
Preferred Qualifications (DevOps Engineer):
* Solid understanding of agile methodologies and CI/CD
* Experience delivering automation driven solutions in Amazon Web Services.
* Firm understanding of version control systems such as Git
* Experience with log management tools like CloudWatch Logs, Splunk
* Firm understanding of networking concepts
* Understanding with one or more languages: C#, .NET, Go, or Java
* Experience with defining, documenting, and enforcing configuration management processes for a project team
* Creation and maintenance of ALM tools such as JIRA or TFS
* Creation and maintenance of continuous integration systems such as Jenkins, TFS, or TeamCity
* Creation, maintenance and testing of backup and disaster recovery plans
* Network engineering concepts (e.g. Firewalls, Load Balancers, CDN's)
* Understanding of operational concepts such as distributed systems, alerting, monitoring, logging, and incident management
* System test tools such as Selenium, Watir
* BS in Computer Science, Information Science, IT, or similar from an accredited university
* Excellent communication skills -- oral, written, and presentation
Location: Silver Spring, MD; St. Paul, MN; Murray, UT; Atlanta, GA; Wallingford, CT; Albany, NY
Travel: May include up to 10% domestic
Relocation: Is not authorized
Most Recent great-news / Awards: 3M received recognition as being A Most Ethical Company! Promoting Ethical Business standards and practices internally, enabling managers and employees to make good choices, and shaping future industry standards by introducing tomorrow's best practices today. Honorees have historically out-performed others financially, demonstrating the connection between good ethical practices and performances that's valued. To View this recognition, please visit: http://bit.ly/EthisphereWorldsMostEthicalCompanyAward
Diverse & Inclusive 3M
3M is a place where you can collaborate with other curious, creative people. Where your diverse talents, inclusiveness, initiative and leadership are valued. Where you'll find challenging opportunities that make your career exciting and rewarding. With a diversity of people, global locations, technologies and products, 3M is a place to grow and be rewarded for excellence.
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M.
3M is an equal opportunity employer. 3M will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.
Please note: your application may not be considered if you do not provide your education and work history, either by: 1) uploading a resume, or 2) entering the information into the application fields directly.
Please access the linked document by clicking here, select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.