Known for being a great place to work and build a career, KPMG provides audit, tax and advisory services for organizations in today's most important industries. Our growth is driven by delivering real results for our clients. It's also enabled by our culture, which encourages individual development, embraces an inclusive environment, rewards innovative excellence and supports our communities. With qualities like those, it's no wonder we're consistently ranked among the best companies to work for by Fortune Magazine, Consulting Magazine, Working Mother Magazine, Diversity Inc. and others. If you're as passionate about your future as we are, join our team.
KPMG is currently seeking a Senior Database Administrator to join our Digital Business Transformation organization. This opportunity is open to internal candidates from all KPMG US locations and external candidates interested in being based in one of the cities listed within this posting.
* Provide technical support of database environments/applications, including software installation, database creation, upgrades, patches, problem diagnosis, performance monitoring, database maintenance, process automation, evaluation, and tuning recommendations
* Develop, implement and support backup/restore, disaster recovery and data replication procedures and exercises
* Participate in all aspects of the lifecycle for database environments; and in the implementation of application requested database code and configuration changes in supported database environments
* Contribute in the creation of new policies, procedures, projects and processes; Evaluate, document, and recommend database-related software products within technical architecture framework
* Interact with various technology teams regarding work requests submitted, participate in the creation of new policies, procedures, projects, processes and participate in all aspects of the lifecycle for database environments
* Provide technical guidance for junior members of the team and create periodic status reports for management
* Minimum three years of experience in administering and managing large databases in complex enterprise environments
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university or equivalent work experience
* Experience as a production support MS SQL Server database administrator; Senior technical skills in MS SQL Server 2000, 2005, 2008, 2008 R2, 2012, 2014 and 2016 including system installation and upgrade, backup and recovery, data server migration, database maintenance and support, release management, troubleshooting, performance tuning, developer and third party product support, configuration and support of DTS and SSIS jobs, SQL Server Agent jobs and maintenance plans
* Familiarity with the SQL Server Failover Clustering, AlwaysOn Availability Groups, Log Shipping, replication and database mirroring features; and installing and supporting SQL Server 2000, 2005, 2008, 2008 R2, 2012, 2014 and 2016 particularly with features such as Integration Services, Reporting Services and Analysis Services; installing and managing 3rd party vendor applications and dependent components, including packages that utilize IIS and Microsoft Reporting Services; Proficiency in Powershell
* Ability to provide on call and emergency off-hours support of critical systems in a 24X7 production environment
* US Citizenship is required
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The attached link contains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.