* Can you bring new ideas, energy, and dedication to improve Search on eBay? Our world-class Search engine serves billions of queries every day and is the heart of eBay's business. The Search team is passionate about making it even better. We are looking for top-notch Quality Engineers who could come and help us enhance the quality of our Search Experience.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
* Design, develop and lead Quality Engineering initiatives to support the eBay's Search Backend group. As part of the Search Backend QE team, this individual will be responsible for the oversight and development of our testing framework, as well as functional, regression and integration testing.
* Be able to articulate, evaluate and evangelize testing strategies and apply them in eBay's context.
* Work with Product Development, Product Management, Quality Engineering, Load & Performance, and Operations teams to develop innovative testing solutions that meet market needs with respect to functionality, performance, scalability, reliability, realistic implementation schedules, and adherence to testing goals and principles.
* Estimate testing effort, prioritize projects, plan implementations, and help rollout system changes.
* Identify process, technology challenges and deficiencies that need to be addressed and drive those changes to successful adoption.
* Recommend coding solutions, fix bugs and solve problems.
* Proactively identify and resolve resource conflicts and set priorities for parallel projects.
* Identify project risks and be able to provide alternatives for reducing risk.
* Create test plans and test cases for new assigned features as well as develop test tools for automation/regression testing.
* Job Qualifications
* Excellent understanding of computer science fundamentals, data structures and algorithms.
* Proficient in Java/Python/Scala. Must be experienced in RESTful/SOA Services/API testing - TestNG
* Passionate about writing code and highly motivated to learn eBay technology stack.
* Experienced in requirements analysis, test planning, creation of test cases for the full spectrum of test types and phases, test data & environment preparation, test execution and test status reporting.
* Familiarity with builds systems like Maven/Ant and Continuous Integration frameworks like Jenkins.
* Strong communication, problem analysis/resolution skills
* Ability to work on simultaneous projects in a highly dynamic environment
* Understanding of various development methodologies like Agile is highly desirable
is a Subsidiary of eBay.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see:
EEO is the Law Poster
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
eBay is a company developing an online auction and e-commerce platform that enables people and businesses to buy and sell goods and services.