We started ZIRX in April 2014 after coming together to work on a really interesting problem. We were energized to work on a problem and product that we could actually use. If you have ever driven in San Francisco (or other cities), you know how much of a pain it is to park. Our goal was and is to solve that problem, make it better to live and work in cities and have fun while we do it. A brief history of ZIRX:
- April 2014: ZIRX starts in a small garage in Cupertino. The garage has folding tables from Target and belongs to our VP, Engineering.
- June 2014: ZIRX launches the first on-demand valet parking service in San Francisco's SOMA neighborhood. Customers download our app and we start parking cars!
- August 2014: ZIRX moves into our awesome new HQ on Townsend Street.
- September 2014: ZIRX announces our Series A - $6.4M from Norwest Venture Partners and Trinity Ventures.
As you can see, we've made a lot of progress since our first days. But its very early and there is so much to do.
Here's a somewhat random collection of things we like about working @ ZIRX. We'll continue to add more and maybe make this section much better. But we have product to ship, so here's our take:
- Get stuff done: We love working here because we all get stuff done. If we had core values, we'd only have one - GSD. At ZIRX, as a team and individually, we have the freedom and responsibility to get stuff done. Its part of the DNA here. You can't go from idea to customers in less than 12 weeks without this present.
- Make an impact: At ZIRX, we see our work make an impact every day. No Powerpoints, no long word documents or long meetings. Everyone has the ability to make a real difference in our product and improve the experience for our customers.
- The product is real and makes things better: We like the fact that our product has a "real world" component. Our customers give us their car every day and we make their day a little easier. Our technology helps our agents meet our customers, helps us store their car and helps us return their car to them faster.
- Cool place to work: Its a little cliche as every start up thinks their office and environment are cool. Count us among those...We do all the fun things you would expect. We have a cool loft office right near the Caltrain station. We have food, drinks and snacks all day. We even offer valet parking + gas for all our engineers!
- Learning as we go: People learn a ton here. As much as we are out to make progress every day, we're committed that people grow and learn new skills while they work at ZIRX.
Some things we are proud of: