You'd be joining the product team (2 software engineers + 1 product manager) in a team of 7 in a young tech startup with offices with a superb view of Sydney's CBD.
What we're doing
Whispli enables employees and business stakeholders to inform their companies on potential (or actual) risks and breaches of good, ethical business practices before it comes a threat. It is a SaaS solution for anonymous, secure, two-way communications with informants.
Why we recruit
The business has been growing fast these past few months so we now need to shift up a gear to build the right product. To help us, we need the right persons.
- Technically speaking, we have many challenging projects ahead that will certainly put you out of your comfort zone and from which you'll hopefully learn new things.
- Functionally speaking, the challenge lies in creating a product that is generic enough to be relevant to several industries as well to different applications: our clients include large corporations, medias, schools, government agencies ; they are using us to investigate on matters ranging from bullying to honest employees feedback, including sensitive tips to journalists. Another interesting challenge is finding the right balance between the security/confidentiality and the usability.
- Humanly speaking, you'll have the opportunity to work on a software with a growing social impact thanks to the revenues it generates.
The process will be in 3 steps:
- First, we'd like to assess if we have matching expectations and personalities. We'll also discuss your previous experiences and where you would fit with us.
- If we both think that we could get along well, then we'll ask you to spend some time in our offices on a technical challenge. We ask you to come for half a day or a day (we're happy to compensate you for this) in order to determine what it would look like to work together. The technical challenge is a small project to build and we will assess how you split, structure and prioritise your work as well as the overall elegancy of your code. Then we'll discuss together your decisions.
- Eventually, if everyone is still happy with the experience, we'd like you to meet everyone and present us a subject that you are passionated about -- it can be whatever you want (literally).