UNATA (Acquired by Instacart in 2018) is a product-focused company that powers digital grocery experiences for our many highly-respected grocery partners.
At Unata, we recognize that the way in which people shop for groceries is fundamentally different than any other retail category. Frequency of shops, repeat behaviour, and the high number of average items per basket are all factors that are unique to grocery – which is why Grocery requires a completely different eCommerce experience that accounts for these intricacies.
That’s why we have built an experience that makes it easy to quickly browse across a catalogue of thousands of items, re-purchase items, filter, search, and select between delivery or pick-up options. One-to-one omni-commerce built for grocery.
Our platform marries data science & machine learning with beautiful, intuitive UX. Our platform tracks everything about what shoppers buy (online & in-store), what they look at digitally - and we have the freedom to shape the digital experience of every individual shopper, creating a customer experience that bridges all channels and provides shoppers with all of the benefits of both eCommerce and the in-store experience.
Acquired by Instacart in 2018, Unata operates as a independent subsidiary headquartered in Toronto, Canada. With over 75 employees and plans to keep growing, our team includes some of the best, brightest and most driven minds from across the world in systems integrations, software development, data science, product management, design, and customer success.
We’ve joined forces to provide the most comprehensive, innovative digital grocery solution in the industry. Want to join an award winning Toronto startup with access to The Valley? Visit www.unata.com/careers/. To learn more about our parent, please visit www.instacart.com.
-----A few key details about us-------
- Profit 500's 11th and 52nd Fastest Growing Tech Company in Canada and North America, respectively
- Canada's 49th fastest growing company (2016) on the Profit 500 list
- Named One of Canada's Most Innovative Companies (CIX 2016)
- Received the "Great Place to Work" Canada certification
- We're 75 employees, and still growing faaaast!
- We're profitable
- We've won awards from Apple and others for our work
- We present @ Pycon every year (3 years in a row now!)
- We've figured out a bunch of stuff, but by no means have we figured it all out! Think of it as controlled chaos.
- We're a company that is of two minds – simultaneously design-minded and data-driven
- We take great pride in our company culture; we even have our own dedicated Manager of Happiness
- We value teamwork and a collaborative, trusting work environment above all else. We celebrate individualism and personalization just as we encourage our retailers to. We look for problems to solve, laughs to share and no matter what our next challenge is, we know we have each other’s backs!