Pencils? Papers? Faxes and phone calls? Let's face it: the foodservice industry hasn’t fully leveraged new technology to improve wholesale buying and selling. Restaurant operators don’t have the right digital tools to streamline ordering. Distributors can’t add value to relationships because they’re too busy chasing orders. And suppliers have great new products, but few ways to connect directly with new buyers. We knew it was time for a change. So we created TradingTable – a platform, marketplace and tool that connects foodservice operators, distributors and suppliers to streamline ordering and optimize operations.
TradingTable is an online ordering platform connecting restaurant operators with their existing and potential wholesale foodservice distribution partners. Utilizing its proprietary pricing engine and algorithm, TradingTable brings proven economic, logistical and operational efficiencies to all stakeholders in the marketplace, including price transparency to operators, and economies of scale and controlled profit margins to distributors. Addressing a $268 billion market in the US, TradingTable has three primary revenue lines including transaction fees, data services & analytics, and advertising. The company currently does business in the metro NYC market and has national expansion ambitions.
The TradingTable business is rooted deeply in technology that enables our company to reshape and redefine the procurement side of the wholesale foodservice industry. We offer enterprise-grade technology to a market that is still predominantly offline. With this come many challenges, however we are passionate about learning, innovating, and working with all stakeholders in the industry. This approach has already produced relationships with some of the largest names in the foodservice world … and allowed TradingTable to create a name for itself from day one.
• A profound respect for and understanding of how the restaurant/distributor/supplier operates
• Unparalleled industry experience and expertise – our employees come from a variety of backgrounds but all share a passion and deep knowledge of the foodservice space
• A unique approach and business model in a very large and established industry
• A sophisticated yet highly intuitive and flexible product developed by some of the most talented architects, engineers and developers out there
• A strong and growing team that works both hard and smart
• A flat structure that encourages open dialogue, teamwork, and questioning the status quo
Our interview process begins with an introductory call to help you learn more about the role, help us learn more about your interests, and help decide if TradingTable is a mutual fit. If we both decide to move forward, we'll schedule one more phone/video call to either deep dive into your resume and/or for a technical screen if applicable. Finally, the onsite interview can always work around your schedule's flexibility, but we like to have you meet several key stakeholders on the team, as well as our Founders.