Touriocity specialises in offering affordable, private, bespoke tours in 50+ cities across the world; it is the only website that allows customers to create and book their perfect private tour, tailored to their needs, before they leave for their trip. The company fills a gap in the market: private tours that ordinary individuals and families can afford, and can design themselves in advance, to be a memorable part of their city break or holiday: private tours are usually around 30% more expensive than Touriocity's. Alex Grant, founder and CEO of Touriocity, says: "I used to work as a tour guide in Rome and so I know how having an expert take you round a city can be a really special experience and a highlight of your trip: a tour can make that city and its history come alive. I wanted to open this up, so that a private tour with an expert is something that everyone, who is 'travel curious', can enjoy, and to respond to the current trend of holidaymakers moving towards more authentic, personalised experiences, and away from group tour options. We now work with very large travel partners such as Hilton, Marriott, Sunday Times Travel, and Flight Centre through integrations and while label. We have been selected as one of the top 10 innovations in travel Europe in 2017.
What we look for
We have a very exciting opportunity to be the global leader in this new travel space. We have some of the best investors available in Europe for a travel start-up, we have a great tech stack and company culture and now we just need to build out the world class team. Everyone who has worked with us has loved it as we work hard and have great fun along the way. They type of people that fit well are;
- Accurate work in everything we do
- Continued learning from each other
- Compassion for customers and guides
- Focus on getting continued customer feedback
- Compassion for each other but drive each other on
- Working hard towards weekly, monthly and quarterly goals
- We work each day with accountability for each other. If we don’t understand what we are doing, we highlight it to each other
- Time keeping, regular weekly meetings, morning huddles are central to what we do.