About the position
StackPath is hiring C Software Engineers for our Platform team. Our C Software Engineers are responsible for designing, building, maintaining, improving, and integrating our software platform. Software Engineering team members are key contributors to the products vision in addition to writing code. This is a full-time position in our Corporate headquarters, located in Uptown Dallas, TX.
Why you should apply:
- Because you wake up each day hungry to solve problems
- You want to make the world a better place
- You believe in the spirit of Software Engineering as craftsmanship
- You want to make a difference and have input
- Work with a great team, participating in top-notch development practices
- Help build an amazing company
You should have:
- Solid knowledge of C or C++
- Solid knowledge of networking protocols (TCP/IP, UDP, BGP, GRE, DNS, HTTP, etc)
- Solid understanding of data structures and algorithms
- NIC driver development is a huge plus.
- Knowledge about concurrency without high-level locking abstractions such as semaphores, and an understanding of atomic/lock-free operations.
- Solid knowledge of Linux operating system internals and networking
- At least 4 years of work experience as a developer designing and building large-scale systems
- Ability to propose new projects and drive them to completion
- Working knowledge interacting with and building RESTful APIs
- Embrace a test-driven, code review culture
- A genuine interest in and keen eye for security
- Solution-oriented: You are an advocate for our customers, stopping at nothing to help them be safer
- Pragmatic: Always looking for better ways to solve challenges and think things through in detail while keeping an open mind and the ability to adapt to new ideas
- Relaxed but focused: We like to have fun but we also have work to do. The ability to balance both with some humor can make every day a win
- Collaborative: Always looking for ways to help, learn from others, and find the right solution which may not be yours
- Awesome: StackPath engineers take pride in their work being students of their craft
At StackPath, we take care of our employees and want you excited to get out of bed in the morning. We provide competitive salaries and a full slate of benefits. We invest in our people to ensure that they have everything needed to excel on the job.
Our goal is to make the internet a safer place. We need more help from people with the right passion and skills to help us get there.