OneUni is a mobile-first educational technology and services company that is partnering with top universities around the world to enable students to earn university degrees primarily using a smartphone. The OneUni mobile learning platform delivers engaging, interactive learning experiences and supports direct interaction among students, faculty and mentors creating a network of support. Faculty develop curriculum and grade student exams, and Mentors provide continuous mentoring and subject matter expertise to ensure students stay on track. Mentors are continuously rated, creating a vast talent pool to address the severe shortage of qualified instructors in the fastest growing markets.
Based in Oakland, CA, the company is led by a world-class management team with decades of experience spanning education, business and technology. The founding team of OUN has pledged 1% of equity, time and product toward corporate philanthropic activities.
- Gene Wade - CEO. Founded two US education startups that grew to +$50m annual revenue in two years. Created innovative self-paced, US university. Attended University of Nairobi in Kenya, Morehouse, Harvard and Wharton.
- Miles Lasater – COO. Founded higher ed startup that he grew to $200m revenue, IPO and 100x return for seed investors.
- Susan Morrow - SVP Product. Developed top grossing education app on iOS platform and led product development for major tech brands including Adobe’s Flash and Dreamweaver products.
- Jennifer Henry - SVP, Coaching. Founded innovative K-12 teacher training model adopted across the US; built and led programming for K-12 principal training programming.
- Steve Sammut - University Partnerships Wharton adjunct faculty member who created novel partnership programs with leading universities in emerging markets.
- Mubuso Zamchiya - Consultant, African Launch Team. Education entrepreneur from East Africa and Rhodes Scholar who created college to career programs throughout East Africa.