JustGiving is the world’s fundraising platform for good. Our mission is to ensure no great cause goes unfunded. We do this by connecting the world's causes with people who care.
Founded in London in 2001 by Zarine Kharas & Anne-Marie Huby, so far we've helped people in 164 countries raise over $3.3 billion for causes they care about.
We think of ourselves as the R&D team for every cause in the world. Everything we do is focused on building cutting edge technology that helps connect causes to people who care. Many of the organisations we work with couldn’t afford to do this on their own. We keep testing, learning and improving all the time.
On top of that, we believe it’s not just what you do but how you do it. Our focus is not just on driving profit but on creating a great product, doing what’s right for our customers, and making JustGiving an awesome place to work. That's why 22 million people use JustGiving to show they care.
JustGiving was founded in 2001 and has continued to innovate on behalf of causes ever since. We consider ourselves the R&D department for non-profits everywhere. Some major milestones:
• 2001 - JustGiving is founded to enable any cause, however small, to find new givers anywhere in the world.
• 2002 – Wins New Media Awards Grand Prix and the Best Use of the Web.
• 2009 – Co-Founder Zarine Kharas is awarded the RSA's Albert Medal, for "democratising fundraising and technology for charities". JustGiving wins Sunday Times Tech Track 100 award for Best Use of Technology.
• 2011 – In partnership with Vodafone, launches JustTextGiving, the UK’s only completely free text donation service, winning a Big Society Award.
• 2012 – Sells FirstGiving, enabling investment of a further £6million to pivot JustGiving towards building the world's fundraising platform for good. Reaches milestone of over £1 billion raised for good causes.
• 2013 – launches Yimby by JustGiving, a crowdfunding platform for social good. Implements one touch giving on any device, a world first. JustGiving goes global opening its doors to charities around the world and allowing donations in 8 currencies.
• 2014 - launches a social platform for giving, enabling anyone to see what their friends are doing for the causes they care about. Hits 10 million registered users, with over 100,000 signing up a week. By October 2014, over $3.3billion had been raised for good causes through JustGiving.