Honest Buildings is setting a new standard for how to manage construction projects and portfolios. Our software empowers commercial real estate owners to work smarter, faster, cheaper and make better decisions. To quote one of our larger clients, "Honest Buildings brings order to the chaos of commercial real estate."
Launched in 2012, Honest Buildings’ platform has originated over $15 billion (!) in projects and has partnered with many of the leading owners and developers in New York City, Washington DC, Detroit, Chicago, Dallas and LA.
We are building a tool for a huge trillion+ dollar industry that has been completely offline until now, ushering them into a new era with technology and data to provide powerful insights they’ve never had access to before. This industry is deeply important to us because buildings are something each of us interact with every single day, and those buildings add up to the cities in which we live. It’s an industry with some of the most interesting, complex problems, and we need the best people to solve them.
Why Should You Consider Working At Honest Buildings?
You'll work with an awesome team:
- You get to work with a group of talented designers, engineers and product managers with backgrounds from Bloomberg, Compass, Bain, Grovo, Doberman, VTS, Goldman Sachs, Cornell, Penn, Columbia & Stanford
- Our management team comes from Tishman Speyer, Goldman Sachs, Permira, and McKinsey
- We've raised $48MM from top investors including Thrive Capital (they also invested in startups like Maple and Oscar)
- We have lots of fun and have great startup perks, but we’re playing to win
- We have an awesome WeWork space in Downtown Manhattan
You'll get huge responsibility and make a huge difference:
- You'll work hand in hand with our Designers, Engineers and Product Managers to build, launch and iterate our web product
- You will have a unique opportunity to help build a product that will have a huge impact on the way an important industry operates
- You will start Day 1 with direct responsibility for products and will be in a position to continue to gain more responsibility as the team grows
- We are 75 people today and on the precipice of a big expansion. Be here as we solve foundational challenges and leave an indelible mark on our company and industry!
You’ll get to work on a fascinating problem in one of the largest sectors of the economy
- Real estate and construction is one of the last big markets to be impacted by the onslaught of technological change and is ripe and ready for innovation and disruption. We're using design thinking, data science and a thoughtful top-down enterprise network strategy to do it. It's time for old school to go new school.
- Buildings are an incredibly important sector that affect the way we all live, work, and play and have a huge impact on the natural environment. You will have an opportunity to work closely with the owners & developers who shape the built environment we all experience every day in New York City, the capital of the global real estate industry, as well as all across America.