Heap builds analytics infrastructure that powers decisions for over 6,000 online businesses.
Connect your customer data sources with a few clicks. Then, Heap will start capturing every single user interaction automatically -- clicks, swipes, gestures, form submissions, emails, support tickets, and more.
You can then analyze every part of a customer's behavior, whether they're on your website, your mobile app, or elsewhere. All analysis is instant and retroactive. There's no need to write code or wait for data.
How We Work
Happy Customers > Perfect Code. We're out to solve real problems for real people, not to write slick code or play with the hippest frameworks. We spend a lot of time thinking through how to build new features, but the goal is always for the implementation to be maintainable, not for it to be 'pure.'
Vision > GroupThink. A big idea starts in one person's head. We make sure he or she has the space to develop it into a fully-articulated thought before we iterate on it as a group. No brainstorming, no design-by-committee -- these produce watered-down initiatives and incremental ideas.
Writing > Talking. Instead of sitting in meetings, we develop our ideas in writing, asynchronously. Written proposals encourage clearer thought and more thorough deliberation. Our plans are always documented and our culture is remote-friendly.
Why Join Us?
- Growth. We're generating 4x+ the revenue we were generating a year ago, and we’re closing deals that are orders-of-magnitude larger.
- Leverage. We're a team of 20 engineers powering analytics for over 6,000 businesses.
- Strong engineers. We've shipped code at Facebook, Palantir, Dropbox, Uber, Google, and more. We care about efficiently writing good code: https://heapanalytics.com/jobs#engineer.
- Technical leverage. We have 10 engineers dedicated to our core infrastructure, yet we power ad-hoc analysis over dozens of billions of events each month.
- Domain expertise. The idea behind Heap was inspired by our founder's frustration with Facebook's analytics process.
- Market potential. We've made a fundamental innovation on a ubiquitous need (analytics). No other company does what we do, and our market consists of every company with an online presence.
Our Ideal Candidates mean....
- you communicate with clarity and precision. We care about this almost as much as your technical ability.
- you're passionate, even if it's not about analytics. There should be something you know more about than anyone on our team.
- you’ve written 10,000 lines of code that look embarrassing in retrospect. ... and you've written 10,000 lines of good code since then.
- you like fruit, sunshine, and bad jokes. We aren't robots.
- Phone Screen
- 2-3 hour homework assignment
- half day onsite- meeting developers and co-founders