Florence is a marketplace that connects nurses directly with care providers across the UK
Dr. Charles Armitage realised care staffing had to change while working as a locum in the NHS. With no control over his shifts, he found patients were missing vital continuity of care as he moved to a different place every day.
Today, Florence is the place for nurses and carers to find shifts in care homes. We are making it simple to fill shifts, building everything we do on the need for quality, choice and transparency in care.
How we work
We are big on experimenting and are always looking for new and innovative ideas to improve the care industry. We’re a small Agile team working in 6-week product cycles, made up of three 2 week engineering sprints.
What have we been working on?
- Standalone projects that help nurses complete their mandatory training to alleviate the biggest pain point in our onboarding (uploading training documents)
- Built a whole new onboarding flow from scratch to provide a world class experience for our users without compromising on regulatory requirements
- Spun off our codebase to allow franchise customers to set up their own instance of Florence in regions we aren't operating in
- Designed, built and started to implement our own internal design system across the legacy platform
- 30 minute phone call with Talent Manager
- Onsite interview with the team
- Task and interview with CPO & CEO