Fauna is a serverless, consistent, transactional, globally replicated database. Public cloud infrastructure has continued to evolve, allowing developers to consume more and more functionality conveniently through APIs. Databases are one of the last holdouts where developers are forced to manage their infrastructure and spend time doing undifferentiated heavy lifting. We're changing that by building the first truly cloud native transactional database that is exposed as an API and was built to scale.
Our company is defined by our Core Principles listed below. Our leadership comes from companies that include Twitter, Amazon, Microsoft, Okta, Cloudera, MongoDB, and Snowflake. We are fortune to be backed by world-class investors including Madrona, Addition, and GV. We offer competitive salaries, significant equity, generous benefits, and the chance to change the industry forever.
Solve for the Customer: We succeed when our customers succeed. We listen, learn and anticipate their needs so that all customers, not just the loudest, can realize their ambitions. We strive to delight developers, foster a vibrant community, and be a strategic business partner that our customers can trust.
If you're passionate about making life better for developers, come join us!
- Be Optimistic and Think Big: We are ambitious, with big goals. We are micro pessimists but macro optimists. We communicate bold directions and will look around corners for ways to achieve them. We maintain perspective and unite to overcome challenges. We co-create solutions instead of choosing to blame and criticize.
- Innovate Where it Matters: We innovate deliberately to achieve a distinct competitive advantage and are not limited by a “not invented here" mentality. We avoid undifferentiated heavy lifting by embracing partnerships and taking advantage of products and services that are continuously improving.
- Own it and Make it Happen: We build our company like it’s ours, because it is. We work hard and smart with a bias towards actions that deliver results. Speed matters so we don’t let perfection be the enemy of good enough. We commit and deliver. If we make a mistake, we own it, fix it, learn from it and move on.
- Seek the Best Idea, then Commit: We stay curious, creative and always seek out unique perspectives. We dive deep into the details and raise questions when metrics and anecdotes differ. We have conviction and challenge ideas, even when it’s uncomfortable. Once a decision is made, even if we prefer another, we disagree and commit.
- Act with Integrity: We are open, honest and respectful. We listen attentively and speak candidly, continuously working to build mutual trust and understanding across all levels of the organization. We are transparent in our communications and actions with each other, customers, partners and our broader community.
- Work as One Team: Great achievements are the result of many, not just one. We strive to do our best, check our egos at the door, and always give each other the benefit of the doubt. We are all company owners and always do what’s best for the organization overall.
- Attract and Develop the Best: We hire, develop and empower the best. We believe that being the best requires diversity, which fosters innovation, creativity and empathy in ways that homogeneity cannot. We embrace our differences, recognize talent, and invest in mechanisms and coaching to proactively develop careers.
- Stay Hungry & Humble: Only the paranoid survive. We avoid hubris and strive to do better, no matter how much we achieve. We recognize that complacency means irrelevance and we relentlessly seek opportunities to improve.