Today, we are the market leaders in the premium audio category and are used by musicians and producers in the best studios in the world, from Abbey Road to Skywalker Studios. In May 2016, we ushered in a new era for Bowers & Wilkins through an acquisition by Silicon Valley startup, Eva Automation, led by Gideon Yu. Combining Eva’s culture of fast-paced technology innovation and the audio heritage of Bowers & Wilkins will allow us to create fantastic home entertainment experiences that make it easier and better for people to use the products they love.
Bowers & Wilkins Labs team, based in downtown Redwood City, is currently seeking candidates to be a part of building the most innovative audio and visual systems the world has yet to see. Our ideal candidate will be responsible for defining and driving the processes that help us guarantee delivery quality. You’ll work with engineers and designers to help shape a working environment to build a V1 product!
So what can we tell you?
- We're building an amazing team with a focus on culture. What do we mean by culture? We mean bright, interesting, funny, dedicated and amazing colleagues. We are all about collaboration, transparency, focus and fun! We hope that sounds like a place where you can see yourself growing and thriving.
- We are tackling tough problems and we need super-duper crazy-smart engineers, designers and product people to create our vision. We like to challenge constraints that others take for given and make our jobs and product a lot more interesting. We dream, design, develop, test and iterate like it is our job... because it is! We value smart and passionate over experienced and seasoned.
- So, what do we do, I can hear you asking. Here's the short answer: We're reimagining the way you control your audio-video equipment. So, yeah, remember those geeks that rolled in the TV cart because they were part of the A/V team in high school? That's us! Except we are flipping everything on its head so that we can bring a fantastic user experience to everyone out there who has ever thrown a remote out of frustration.
What to expect
Our interview process starts with a phone screen with a Bowers & Wilkins employee who will chat with you for about 30 - 60 minutes to learn a little more about you and figure out how you might fit into our little family. Next, we'll ask you to come join us for a few in-person interviews with some key colleagues. We may have a few more followup questions and people that we'd like you to meet but, for the most part, we know when someone seems like they were born to be part of our team and try and make quick decisions for the good of both of us.
Some other stuff you might want to know
- We are located in downtown Redwood City, less than one minute away from the Caltrain station, a few minutes from the 101 and around 25 restaurants
- We are about 50 employees right now but by the time you're reading this, that number has probably grown.
- Lunch is catered
- We have a corporate gym membership.
- We cover train expenses and have an underground parking lot
- We work hard so sometimes we play hard too; sometimes you can find us all at a movie or a bowling alley in the middle of the day.