The DNA of Cvent is our people, and our culture has an emphasis on fostering intrapreneurship -- a system that encourages Cventers to think and act like individual entrepreneurs and empowers them to take action, embrace risk, and make decisions as if they had founded the company themselves. We foster an environment that promotes agility, which means we don’t have the luxury to wait for perfection. At Cvent, we value the diverse perspectives that each individual brings. Whether working with a team of colleagues or with clients, we ensure that we foster a culture that celebrates differences and builds on shared connections.
Come check out some of the things that makes us unique: cvent.com/en/careers
We've defined this as our Soul of Cvent. We have 6 tenets:
1. Be a Business Operator: Just use common sense. Ask yourself if your actions make good business sense for the company. This is your company, we want you to act like it and make decisions that way. In addition, always think in terms of ROI – hard and soft, because almost all decisions have a numbers element.
2. Be Direct: Be frank and direct in your communication with your colleagues. We have a very open and transparent culture, and it’s ok to challenge your boss – or even our CEO – at any time. Be professional, but be open and let your voice be heard. We are a flat organization, and we value the diverse perspectives that each individual brings. Never forget, you have a lens or perspective that someone more senior may not have. And if you see something in the organization that you disagree with, it is your duty as a Cventer to speak up and change it.
3. Sense of Urgency: Bureaucracy, paralysis by analysis, bottlenecks and just being plain slow will cost us precious time. Our competition is nipping at our heels – that’s not paranoia, it’s a fact.
4. Create a Culture of Agility: We’ve gone through a lot of change as an organization. We survived the dot-com bust in 2001 and the recession in 2008. We then went public in 2013. We’re now a part of Vista Equity and have merged with our biggest competitor. At each stage of our evolution, it’s taken agility to adapt and grow. We need to remain agile and open to change.
5. 80 is the New 100: We move fast here at Cvent. That means we don’t have the luxury to wait for perfection. We take calculated risks, knowing that we’ll sometimes fail. And that’s OK. It’s the hallmark of innovation.
6. Be the Top 1%: We're now the market leader in our space. However, an organization cannot be a top one-percent player unless everyone in the organization aspires to be the top one-percent – individually and as a team.
We placed #8 in the Software Report's Top 100 Software Companies of 2022. Check it out at thesoftwarereport.com/the-top-100-software-companies-of-2022/.