Based in downtown NYC, CourseHorse is the first marketplace that helps people discover & enroll in trusted local classes, ranging from casual programs like cooking & art, to professional courses like finance and programming. We believe that learning is the single greatest way to positively impact individuals & our society, which makes our goal simple: to popularize and promote the Learning Lifestyle.
We're the market leader in a $40 billion industry, yet we're still a small, 14 person company seeking passionate, talented team members to get in on the ground floor & help steer us to the stars.
Why you want to work at CourseHorse:
- Amazing Team: We’re all entrepreneurs that believe in, trust and teach each other, all while having a lot of fun every day
- Impact: We’re changing the face of education by impacting not only the way people find classes, but also our society’s fundamental relationship to learning (we'll tell you more in person!)
- Independence: The reins are in your hands: we’ll provide the tools and training but you control your destiny.
- Learning: You will learn more at CourseHorse than you would anywhere else, about how to excel at your role, how to see & affect the big picture, and how to build products & companies – as an education company, team member development is priority #1
- Growth: 2-3X average annual revenue growth since our launch, selected as one of Forbes “Most Promising Companies in America”
Here's What We Value
- Our Customers Above All: We go above and beyond to serve, empower and
delight our customers.
- Starting with Why: We bring powerful focus to our work by clearly articulating the goal of every effort.
- Creative Execution: We dig deep to invent, simplify and unearth new approaches & solutions.
- Ownership: We take responsibility, hit deadlines, demand the highest standards and never give up.
- Integrity & Authenticity: We operate without fear, enabling us to be open, honest and real.
- A Powerful Sense of Team: We are an over-communicating, over-caring, over-empathizing team of go-givers.
- Lifelong Learning: We are humble learners, forever striving to improve our company and ourselves.
What Inspires Us
To get to know our character a bit better, we recommend a smattering of cultural
and educational content—the stuff that gives us goose bumps every time:
David Foster Wallace’s Commencement Address
Ken Robinson & RSA - Changing Education Paradigms
Taylor Mali - What Teachers Make
Ryan Holiday - Advice to Those Hoping to Go Somewhere
Ira Glass on Creativity