ClickMechanic is a marketplace for mechanics that is bringing trust and transparency to car repair, enabling customers to access industry standard quotes and quickly book a vetted mechanic online.
• Launched in 2012, ClickMechanic is an online marketplace for automotive repair.
• The automotive aftermarket repair sector is worth £20bn in the UK alone and with 50% of drivers feeling ripped off when getting their car repaired this presents a clear opportunity to disrupt a huge industry.
• Successful founding team - The CEO, Andrew Jervis, has extensive insight in the automotive sector. The CTO, Felix Kenton has extensive software experience and an Information Systems Engineering Masters from Imperial College London.
• ClickMechanic is well capitalised through institutional investors including 500 Startups, Forward Partners and Imperial Innovations as well as a number of experienced marketplace angel investors including the former CEO of JustEat and Chairman of Treatwell.
• Based in London, ClickMechanic already has nationwide coverage with over 700 mechanics in the UK.
ClickMechanic started life when Andrew (Founder/CEO) became obsessed with the problems many drivers were facing when getting their car repaired and decided to dedicate his Masters thesis to the problem. The day after handing in his thesis, Andrew moved to London to join London based accelerator EF where he met Felix (Founder/CTO). The team’s vision has always been about bringing trust and transparency to the market and this is shown by the company’s focus on building a great product that allows its users to get industry standard quotes and book vetted mechanics.
With great traction (over 700 mechanics and tens of thousands of paying customers), financial backing, a top team as well as already reaching break-even, ClickMechanic is positioned to be the dominant European marketplace for car repair.
Major industry research has found that 50% of drivers feel ripped off when they get their car repaired. A general lack of information with unclear pricing of repairs, uncertain quality of mechanics, and unknown requirements of the repair all contribute to exacerbate this situation.
ClickMechanic is changing this by bringing trust and transparency to car repair. We give real time industry standard quotes using millions of pieces of industry standard data and enable customers to quickly book a vetted mechanic online.