What is Charlie?
Everyone loves money, but dealing with it is a chronic pain. Budgets, APRs, savings - that stuff is as incredibly important as it is stressful, intimidating, and boring. That’s why we're building Charlie - a free, text-based AI that worries about money, so you do not have to.
Our goal is to automate everything in personal finance that can be automated and to radically simplify the rest. We are using Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, and NLP to help everyday people be effortlessly great with all of their everyday finances.
Charlie is very well funded and quickly gaining traction - our engagement is extraordinarily strong, our users are generating millions of transactions, and signups are growing rapidly. Together, we have the freedom and long runway to build AI that can improve the financial health of millions.
That is where you come in!
We’re looking for a curious honey badger who cares about everyday people to join our team in San Francisco.
By joining us, you will:
- Be proud: Our first user was struggling to save for her daughter’s birthday. We helped her. By working on Charlie, you will be helping real people with their biggest problems.
- Chart the uncharted: You will have the freedom and resources to explore whatever you think is most impactful - machine learning, natural language processing, backend data models, conversational UI patterns, and more.
- Do the best work of your life: We know that the only way to build great products is to bring together smart people who can join forces on the most impactful problems they see.
- Set the course of the business: From recruiting to roadmapping to culture, your voice will be heard on every aspect of the company, not just the software.
- Love coming to work: Charlie’s sunny office in the SOMA is our happy
What will make you fit right in?
- Contagiously curious: You can teach us a thing or two. We will return the favor.
- Care about people: Like us, you are in this for the people. We are proudest when we help a user or a teammate out.
- A honeybadger: Relentless and pragmatic, you get shit done.
- A goofball: Is it possible to make something like saving money delightful? We sure are trying, one ridiculous GIF at a time.
- Critical, analytical thinker: You ask the right questions and use data to derive actionable insights.