Qventus provides a real-time decision-making platform for hospital operations. Our mission is to simplify how healthcare operates, so that hospitals and caregivers can focus on delivering the best possible care to patients. We use artificial intelligence and machine learning to create products and solutions that help nurses, doctors, and hospital staff anticipate issues and make operational decisions proactively.
Qventus works with leading public, academic and community hospitals across the United States. The company was recognized by the 2019 Black Book Awards in healthcare for patient flow and by CB Insights as a 2019 top 100 Most Promising Company in Artificial Intelligence. Recently, Qventus won the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Emergency Response for the Healthcare System Innovation Challenge through its work helping health systems across the country plan for and operate in the COVID pandemic.
Why Join Us:
* We're making a big difference. Qventus has meaningfully affected patient experiences and outcomes for almost 4 million patients across the united states. Our platform works with hospital data to predict negative outcomes for patients and associated potentially disastrous situations that are likely to occur, then applies our system of action to reach the right doctors and nurses, at the right time, telling them where to go to stop these events before they happen. Think Minority Report applied to hospitals.
Our founding team has done this before. Two of our three founders worked in consulting for over a decade solving efficiency problems in hospitals. They know hospitals, where they've been, where they want to go, and how to work within them to drive the necessary mind shift and change management we need to drive this new wave of technology.
Our team is top notch! We have the fortune of having amazing engineerings and data scientists from top schools (Stanford, MIT, Cal, etc.) applying the latest in artificial intelligence and machine learning to create products that help healthcare organizations around the world and their people adapt in the moment and make the right decisions from the most complex data. Furthermore, we employ several practicing clinicians (practicing surgeons, doctors, nurses) in the company to help us understand the hospital environment. We take what we do very seriously.
We are backed by some of the leading investors in Silicon Valley and beyond (YC/Start X/Norwest/Mayfield/Bessemer) and have some of the most iconic health systems as our customers (Stanford/Emory/Mayo). Even more encouraging is the fact that our customers are also investing in us, namely New York Presbyterian Ventures (the venture wing of New York Presbyterian Hospital) invested in us.
Engineering at Qventus:
* Data Science: Responsible for our ML development.
* DevOps: Infrastructure and associated infrastructure services, working with teams to build and maintain CICD pipelines.
* QA: Responsible for quality definition, automation, QA infrastructure, driving quality process from development through release. Functional QA is largely outsourced, we prefer to have QA team focused more on the engineering required to scale a large QA org.
1) Using AI/ML- We use predictive analysis to help doctors and nurses make proactive operational decisions so they can focus on patient care
2) Data scaling- We are starting to get significantly larger volumes of data, which is also increasingly becoming more and more clinical (lab results, etc) in nature.
3) Data sensitivity- Because this data is more clinical, it is more sensitive and requires a higher bar on how we set up and monitor our systems.
4) Data Ingestion- Getting data out of hospitals is not an easy task. We have to figure out more scalable solutions to help us grow quickly. This is an industry wide problem and we are looking to do it better than just about anyone else.
5) Product growth- Expansion in more areas of the hospital means we have more to learn and an opportunity to expand our product to achieve more outcomes.
PROJECTS YOU MIGHT WORK ON
Patient Fall Risk Every day patients fall inside of hospitals. This is such a big problem that last year 1,000,000 patients fell, resulting in 27,000 deaths and $50 billion worth of additional medical costs. Qventus built a system to predict when a patient in a hospital is at risk of falling that would send out a message to the care team for that patient (doctor + nurses) to let them know who was at risk and where to go to help them. This system involved building out a machine learning model and system to broadcast the message at the right time to the right people. The results of this project were astounding, reducing the number of patient falls by almost 40% in the first hospital we deployed this to.
Qventus is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Candidate information will be treated in accordance with our candidate privacy notice which can be found here: https://qventus.com/ccpa-privacy-notice/