WHO WE ARE
Programmatic technologies were supposed to make advertising easier - but they’ve often made things more complex instead: DMP, DSP, DCO - Advertising is drowning in hype, acronyms and poorly integrated software.
In the end, what really matters is finding new consumers - real people - and converting them into customers. Affectv was founded as the simple, smart way to do just that.
Using a single, integrated platform, we build a fluid profile of each individual as they browse, search for and share content across millions of sites. Then we use this profile to show them an ad at the right time, tailored just for them. Our approach is simple, automated, measureable and low hassle, giving marketers flexibility and time - everything technology is supposed to do.
WHERE WE ARE NOW
Founded in 2011, Affectv received major funding rounds in 2013 and 2016 and now has an international presence with offices in both the UK and Australia, looking forward to further expansion into English language markets over the next year. We’ve won several awards for our work and our unique, user-centric and holistic approach to finding new customers.
Our official company values are passion, innovation and collaboration and they describe our approach very well. We value drive, look constantly to the future and believe we succeed or fail as a team. But in product and engineering we’d definitely add agile as our 4th word to this list. We’re pragmatic not dogmatic about it, but we do believe teams work well when they operate like a well oiled machine. And that those ‘machines’ work best when every individual gets what they need on a personal level. Team fun is just as important to us as a good work process.
We like to keep the hiring process at Affectv as simple and as fast as we can because we know top talent does not hang around.
But it’s also crucial to make sure Affectv is the right place for potential hires. Our entire aim is to make online advertising easy to do for everyone. Unfortunately, making it that easy for everyone is hard for our engineers. So we like to make sure we get this right.
1) Questions - Each candidate will be asked some brief questions to see how they think about agile development culture. For us, your engineering philosophy is just as important as your technical skills.
2) Phone interview - A quick 20 minute call for us to find out a little bit more about you and, more importantly, for you to make sure you’d like to work for us.
3) Technical test - A practically orientated open-ended test to see your skills in as close to a real scenario as possible.
4) In-person interview - A comprehensive on-site interview where we get the chance to understand the thinking behind your assessment and find out more about you.
5) Offer - If you’re successful at interview, we’ll aim to get back to you within 48 hours.