We’re on a mission to help get everyone a job they love. Find the job you love here at Hired!
At Hired, we believe we are entering a new era of work, where people are not looking for jobs — they are seeking opportunities. Focusing on in-demand technology roles, we intelligently match outstanding people to full-time and freelance opportunities at the world's most innovative companies. By taking the pain out of the job search, we help people build purpose-driven careers and businesses find the talent to fulfill their missions. Ultimately, we want to empower everyone to find and do their best work, from one opportunity to the next.
Hired is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in cities across North America, Europe, Asia and Australia, and plans to expand into new geographies, industries and job categories. For more information, news and tips for candidates and employers, visit Hired's blog.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We’re looking for an exceptional search engine optimization professional with experience leading SEO efforts at scale. As Sr. Manager - Search Engine Optimization, you’ll be tasked with the management and growth of large-scale SEO initiatives aimed at driving user acquisition efforts for Hired.com. You’ll be responsible for the performance and improvement of Hired’s current SEO efforts as well as identifying and capitalizing on new opportunities for user growth. You'll have a major, tangible impact on the success of the company and the freedom, resources, and support to develop a world class SEO operation for a highly recognized brand.
WHAT WE NEED YOUR HELP WITH
- Own Hired’s SEO strategy and execution to drive high-volume, high-quality, organic search traffic
- Be the subject matter expert. Expect colleagues to lean on you to better understand SEO best practices
- Collaborate with Product team to define the SEO roadmap and prioritize new opportunities for growth
- Work closely with cross-functional teams (content, design, social, product, etc.) to define and deliver an integrated SEO strategy
- Fully own the strategy and execution of programmatic and UGC content efforts to drive organic traffic growth
- Partner with our in-house Editorial team to influence and optimize blog content for SEO purposes
- Manage inbound link building efforts to drive improvements to Hired’s domain authority
- Hands on approach to the tactical details - You’ll conduct keyword research, define site architecture and on-page elements, and test SEO components before new product launches
- Vigilantly monitor key performance metrics including crawl, indexing, ranking, site performance and organic traffic growth
- Advocate for the use of SEO “best practices” across all relevant Marketing, Design, Product, and Engineering initiatives
- Oversee all vendor negotiations and management related to SEO marketing efforts
- Spearhead efforts to localize key SEO pages for Hired’s international markets
WHAT WE LOOK FOR
- Has 6+ years as an in-house SEO professional managing large scale SEO efforts with a proven track record of driving high-quality organic search growth
- Loves to capitalize on new growth opportunities through a structured, curious, and data-driven approach
- Is self-motivated, has a demonstrated bias for action, and wants to join a fast-moving, high-energy team with a track record of success
- Strong understanding of the latest white-hat SEO techniques and ranking strategies
- Experience partnering with Product, Engineering, Design, and Content teams to lead cross-functional SEO initiatives
- Focuses on driving high quality traffic and avoids chasing vanity metrics
- Ability to conduct in-depth keyword research, identify opportunities and capitalize by driving high value initiatives from start to finish
- Is highly analytical and displays an advanced working knowledge of proven SEO tools including (Moz, Ahrefs, web crawlers, Google Search Console, and others)
- Ability to quickly switch gears between both strategic and tactical thinking
- Experience owning SEO strategy and roadmap at a large scale (potentially millions of pages)
- Well rounded SEO knowledge with experience driving all components of SEO including:
- Content - programmatic, blog/editorial optimizations, and user generated content
- Inbound Links - has led inbound link building efforts - either directly or through a 3rd party
- “Technical” SEO - provides guidance and requirements for site architecture, on-page elements, site performance, and conversion optimization opportunities
- Extremely detail oriented - keeps a close eye on critical SEO health and performance metrics
THESE WOULD ALSO BE NICE
- Previous experience leveraging Optimizely (or similar tool) to run complex A/B tests aimed at improving conversion on key organic landing pages
- Experience managing SEO for a multi-national site (localizing content for international markets, etc)
COMP, BENEFITS, & PERKS (US)
- Competitive compensation & equity options
- Open vacation & sick time
- Flexible work hours
- Employer paid health insurance, vision, and dental
- Pre-tax commuter benefit
- Gym reimbursement
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Weekly educational classes & catered lunch
We believe that when we can bring our whole selves to work on a day-to-day basis we become happier, more comfortable, more confident and more excited to do great things for our company, each other, our product and our users. Hired aims to both build an internal team as well as help our clients build their teams with talent from all different backgrounds and lifestyles.
Hired is committed to building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workforce. Hired is an equal opportunity employer; we welcome and consider qualified applicants regardless of gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Members of communities historically underrepresented in tech are encouraged to apply.
For San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.